Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Helping Your To Be Healthy And Strong with Food.
You already know that the body calls for a healthy heart. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart isn’t healthy? You already know that getting regular exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. But are you aware that there are some foods that have been discovered to help you improve your heart health? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are good for your heart.
Be aware that blueberries are fantastic for the health of your heart. You’ll be glad to know that blueberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This antioxidant may be able to help your body improve its ability to process the fat and cholesterol you take in. If your body is able to easily process fat and cholesterol, they are not going to accumulate in your body or cause heart problems. This, essentially, makes your heart healthy.
There are lots of foods that you can include in your diet that are great for your body. To be sure, the foods cited in this article can help your body in numerous ways. These foods are essentially beneficial for the heart, though. Begin incorporating these foods in your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cornbread recipe. You can have cornbread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cornbread:
- Take of fine or med grind corn meal (or more, just subtract from flour below).
- You need of sour cream (such as daisy) and 1/2 cup milk OR 2 cups buttermilk (may not be GF).
- Take of lard (veg oil works in a pinch).
- Take of butter (cubed).
- Take of AP flour (use GF or masa harina for GF).
- Prepare of sugar.
- Use of honey (if you like it with a touch of sweetness).
- Get of ea baking powder and soda.
- You need of salt.
- Provide of eggs.
Instructions to make Cornbread:
- Toast cornmeal in your skillet on stove top on medium heat until fragrant, stirring frequently..
- Mix cornmeal with your choice of dairy from above, let soak preferably overnight or at least until oven and pan are heated through..
- Heat oven to 450. Wipe out your skillet and add your lard, place in hot oven about 10 minutes or until lard is melted and shimmering hot..
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven and add cubed butter, swirling to combine and coat sides of skillet. Add all but about one tablespoon of oil mix into cornmeal mush, and place pan back in oven to stay hot (to get a good bottom crust)..
- Sift together the flour, sugar, leaveners, and salt, then whisk into your wet mix. Lastly add your two eggs and honey (if using). If the mixture seems a bit stiff add some extra milk, it should be able to pour out of the bowl but with the assistance of a spatula. Using the masa harina will need some extra liquid..
- Pour batter into hot skillet, and smooth the top. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the top half of the oven to avoid burning the bottom, and rotate once halfway through. It is done when it has browned a bit and cracking on top. Cool completely in skillet and serve from skillet, or turn out onto rack after 15 minutes. In drier climate keeping it in the skillet helps it to not dry out, however in more humid climates turning out may help keep the crust on the bottom crisp..
If you find this Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.