Sour dough French bread. Use Your Favorite Bread & McCormick® Spices For A Delicious French Toast Meal. Try The McCormick® Recipe For A Delicious Taste. Find Deals on Sourdough French Bread in Groceries on Amazon.
Add sourdough starter, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and cheese. With the paddle of the mixer, mix until well combined. Place the sourdough starter, water, olive oil, salt, sugar, yeast, and flour in that order into the pan of a bread machine, set the machine on the dough cycle, and start the machine. You can have Sour dough French bread using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sour dough French bread
- Prepare 150 g of Sour dough starter.
- You need 285 g of Bread flour.
- It’s 150 of Water.
- Prepare 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 20 g of olive oil.
- You need 6 g of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mix herbs (optional).
The key to soft sourdough French bread is to get the hydration of the dough right. You want it to be really soft, and almost tacky. Definitely lean more towards a wet dough than a dry one! Add milk and softened butter or margarine.
Sour dough French bread instructions
- Using electric mixer, kneed all ingredients, until smooth and shiny, about 10 minutes, proof for 3~4 hours, until double the size.
- Divide into 2 portion, gently spread the dough.
- Gently rolls to long stick.
- Put in the oven, with hot water at the bottom tray, proof for another 1~1.5 hours, or until double the size.
- Dust with some flour.
- Score the dough.
- Bake at 190 degree c for 40 minutes.
Sourdough Starter French Bread Recipe The most often used recipe in our house is the french bread recipe from Patti Alderman at Alderman Farms. It slices easily for toast or sandwiches, and can be made into rolls, sandwich style loaves or long baguettes. Full disclosure, the cinnamon roll recipe is addictive. Sourdough bread is special because it does not require a commercial yeast in order to rise (though, you can use one). It's made with a starter, which acts as a leavening agent.