One of the greatest points of going green is to slow down and bask in life. It is possible to accomplish this, even in this fast-paced world we are in. We need to take a step back and fix diseases before they come about. A lot of individuals have the attitude of destryong the body today, and heal it with a pill later on. It’s impossible to turn around without being bombarded by ads about the current pill to deal with your health problems. In reality, several of these pills can help but only if you couple them with a change in lifestyle. When your body stops working properly, you won’t be able to obtain a healthy one. You must learn how to look after your body before it is too late. Your body cannot function properly if it does not receive adequate nutrition.
When you eat, do you eat out of convenience or taste without finding out if what you are eating is good for you? How frequently do you eat at your local fast food place or purchase junk food at the local mini mart? Since a lot of folks choose to consume things full of sugar, starch, and fat, more and more illnesses are found. The food products we are ingesting cause obesity, diabetes, and high blood pressure of pandemic proportions. Individuals are becoming increasingly health conscious, and eating better, because they are tired of feeling poorly. Healthy food is now being sold at local grocery and health food stores.
Most probably, your local grocery store now has an organic food aisle. In this section of the store, you’ll be able to find superfoods. Superfoods refer to 14 specific foods that can delay or reverse certain serious diseases. You will see that you think more clearly when you ingest these superfoods. As soon as you trade in the junk food for these super foods, you will be surprised at how well you will soon feel. By getting the right nutrition, your body will run the way it is supposed to work. As a result, the immune system will be able to fight off any health condition.
Your daily diet need to contain at least several of these super foods. To start with, beans are very good, and berries, especially blueberries. Include some green tea or spinach or broccoli. Throw in whole cereals and nuts. Additionally, you may want to add salmon, turkey, yogurt, soybean, tomatoes, oranges, and pumpkins. When you consume these superfoods daily, you should eliminate any weight gain problems.
You will enjoy optimal health when you opt to eat the green living way. You will find that your immune system becomes healthier and your body will be able to ward off disease. Prepare for an awesome future by making positive changes to your eating habits right now.
Wash the pumpkin leaves under running water. Heat a Pan and slightly fry the dal vadi until it turns little brown, remove from heat and keep aside. Kumro Pata Torkari or call it Kumro Pata Chorchori is a quintessential Bengali pure veg curry, prepared with assorted veggies and pumpkin leaves along with pumpkin stems. It is a simple comfort meal when paired with rice.
Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry) is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry) is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have kumro shaag chorchori (pumpkin leaves curry) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry):
- Prepare 2-3 cups Pumpkin leaves & tender twigs, washed, drained and chopped
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. mustard oil
- Get 1 tsp. panch phoron (onion, fennel, fenugreek, mustard & cumin seeds)
- Get 2 bay leaves
- Make ready 1-2 green chilies, slit
- Get 8-10 bori / vadi (sun dried lentil dumplings)
- Prepare 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- Get 1 cup each of veggies (potatoes, pumpkin, raddish, eggplants, ridge gourd, broad beans), chopped lengthwise
- Prepare 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Make ready to taste salt
- Get 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- Take 1 tsp. coriander-cumin powder
- Make ready 1 tbsp. kasundi / mustard paste
Kumro Shaag Er Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry - Bengali Style) Here is yet another traditional Bengali chorchori (curry) made with tender pumpkin leaves and few tender twigs. A whole lot of mixed vegetables are thrown in along with some fried bori / dried lentil dumplings to give some crunch to this simple, yet delicious recipe. I always enjoy a non-spicy leafy vegetable, because saagor green leafy vegetable is an essential part in Bengali Cuisine. Most of the parts of pumpkin are eatable, the flowers, the leaf, the shell, the seeds (roasted), and the shoots.
Steps to make Kumro Shaag Chorchori (Pumpkin Leaves Curry):
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the bori / vadi till golden colour. Drain and keep aside. Temper the same oil with bay leaves and panch phoron. Saute till it stops spluttering.
- Add the ginger and green chilies.
- Add all the veggies and turmeric powder. Saute till light brown.
- Add chopped twigs, greens, salt, fried vadi, coriander-cumin powder & green peas. Mix everything well. Cover and cook till done. Sprinkle water at intervals.
- When done, add kasundi & mix well. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Serve as a side dish with rice or chapatis.
- If not using kasundi, them grind 1 tbsp. mustard seeds along with 1-2 green chilies and a pinch of turmeric powder. - - 2. Instead of mustard paste, you can add 1 tsp. ghee to the end product. - - 3. Bori (dried lentil dumplings) can also be substituted for prawns in the non-veg. version. - - 4. Apart from the veggies I have used, you can also add raw papayas, drumstick, carrots, beans and /or parwal (pointed gourd).
I always enjoy a non-spicy leafy vegetable, because saagor green leafy vegetable is an essential part in Bengali Cuisine. Most of the parts of pumpkin are eatable, the flowers, the leaf, the shell, the seeds (roasted), and the shoots. The Kumror Chokka Recipe is a classic Bengali dish which is packed with flavours from panch phoran masala and spices and cooked in mustard oil. Kumror means pumpkin in bengali and is a very commonly used vegetable in the Bengali Cuisine. Pumpkin is a very nutritious vegetable, that is low in calories, rich in Vitamin A, potassium, manganese and lots of other essential minerals. Serve.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food kumro shaag chorchori (pumpkin leaves curry) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!