Sourdough Spelt Oats Pretzel Bites. Savor a variety of artisanal, hand-made gourmet soft pretzels. The perfect stage for our own line of flavored salts and sugars. Whole Grain Organic Spelt for Sale.
Work on the rest of pretzels until finish. In a large stockpot, add water and baking soda. Once water is boiling, place a few of the pretzel bites (or preztels) into the water. You can cook Sourdough Spelt Oats Pretzel Bites using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Spelt Oats Pretzel Bites
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Organic spelt flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Organic oat flour.
- Prepare 3 cup of organic AP flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of melted butter.
- You need 2 Tsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of warm water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sourdough starter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 quarts of salt + 1/2 cup baking soda.
- Prepare of Coarse sea salt.
Dissolve the malt in the water. Brush the pretzels with the solution, and sprinkle lightly with coarse pretzel salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in baking soda until dissolved. Remove using a large flat spatula and place on a baking sheet.
Sourdough Spelt Oats Pretzel Bites instructions
- Pretty much follow the steps for making regular sourdough bread. Mix all wet ingredients and then adding flour, one cup at a time. The reason I add a small amount of dry yeast is for better rising and cutting the fermentation time. If you pursue nutrition then skip yeast and increase sourdough starter to 1 cup and ferment 6 hours..
- Allow the dough to rest and rise for 4-5 hours. Roll the dough into a long rope and cut it to 22 portions at 1 inch length. Shape it into pretzel bite size. Allow them to rest 15 minutes..
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Bring the water to a boil then add baking soda. Boil the pretzels at 7-8 per batch for 30 second. Remove with a large slotted spoon and set aside. Work on the rest of pretzels until finish..
- Spread all boiled pretzels on a baking sheet. Brush the tops with butter and sprinkle coarse salt. Bake into the oven and bake 15-18 minutes until the color turn into golden brown..
To form a pretzel lift the dough rope on either end and allow the middle to sit on the surface, forming a "U" shape. Lift the pretzel by the two top loops and place on the oiled parchment paper. In a measuring cup, combine warm water, honey and yeast. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Place the bites into the solution, gently swish them around, and leave them there for a couple of minutes.