Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Many Of You Might Not Recognize This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
In this day and age of folks are trying to live a healthier life and you are going to discover that the usage of coconut oil will help you accomplish this. One more thing I want to point out relating to this product is that there are a lot of different benefits available from it. Something else I would like to mention concerning the use of coconut oil is that it’s not only something which can be used internally or externally, it is something that can be used for both. Coconut oil is much more beneficial than other oils you can purchase and in this post we will be telling you why.
Another thing a large number of men and women would never do with any traditional sorts of vegetable oils would be to use this directly on their skin, but this is recommended in relation to coconut oil. For men and women who end up suffering from different kinds of rashes you may possibly want to think about rubbing coconut oil on your skin as this can help you heal the rash. There are other advantages of making use of this on your skin such as the fact that it can present you with a younger look and it is also packed with antioxidants which can be absorbed in the skin.
One more thing I would like to mention is that there’ve actually been scientific studies performed which show that coconut oil may have anti bacterial an antiviral effects on the body. Should you have other oils in your house I would recommend removing them and replacing them with coconut oil as a result of the many benefits that can be related to it. There are different vitamin organizations right now contemplating the thought of advertising coconut oil as a nutritional supplement, but you are able to start receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern style cornbread dressing recipe. To make southern style cornbread dressing you need 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- You need of Buttermilk cornbread.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn meal.
- Provide 1 cup of all-purpose flour, use rice flour for GF.
- Use 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Take 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Get 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need of Cornbread Stuffing.
- Get 1 of 14 oz bag herb season stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm makes a great one, there are several GF options if you prefer.
- You need 2 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 cup of fine chopped onion.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 3 clove of minced garlic.
- You need 5 cup of chicken or turkey stock.
- Provide 5 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Use 1/4 cup of chopped fresh sage.
- You need 3 of sprigs thyme, leaves only.
- You need 3 of tablespoons poultry seasoning blend.
- Use 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- for cornbread, grease a 10" cast iron skillet and place in oven and preheat to 425.
- in large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients for cornbread, in separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients and then combine with dry ingredients. stir until just incorporated.
- pour batter in preheated skillet and smooth to edges, bake until golden but not over dry, about 16 minutes. remove from skillet immediately to completely cool.
- for cornbread dressing, preheat oven to 350. in a LARGE stock pot, crumble cornbread and mix in stuffing mix and stir in poultry seasoning.
- saute onion and celery in one stick of butter until translucent and stir into cornbread mixture.
- melt remaining stick of butter and in a large mixing bowl combine butter, stock, eggs, sage, and thyme.
- add stock mixture to cornbread mixture, stir well to thoroughly combine, season with salt and pepper.
- pour in to a well greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake at 350 uncovered until set, about 45 minutes.
- If doing the gluten free version check in early.. It tends to brown faster… Almost had a disaster.
If you find this Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.