Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already realize that the body needs a heart that is strong and healthy. Think about it: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of your body won’t be healthy either. You already know that working out on a regular basis and leading a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Do you know, however, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthier? In the following paragraphs, you will discover which foods are great for your heart.
Blueberries are a fantastic source of heart healthy. Here’s a fact: Blueberries have lots of antioxidants, especially pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is to blueberries as resveratrol is to grapes. This antioxidant helps your body to be better at breaking down your fats and cholesterol. If your body can easily break down fat and cholesterol, they will not amass in your body or cause your heart to have problems. This, then, makes your heart as healthy as possible.
There are lots of foods you will find that that are good for your body. It’s true that everything brought up in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly terrific, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Start consuming these foods every day. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southern style cornbread dressing recipe. You can have southern style cornbread dressing using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- Prepare of Buttermilk cornbread.
- Prepare of corn meal.
- Take of all-purpose flour, use rice flour for GF.
- Get of sugar.
- You need of baking powder.
- Get of kosher salt.
- Take of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need of buttermilk.
- Use of unsalted butter, melted.
- Get of Cornbread Stuffing.
- Provide of 14 oz bag herb season stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm makes a great one, there are several GF options if you prefer.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- You need of fine chopped onion.
- You need of chopped celery.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Use of chicken or turkey stock.
- Take of eggs lightly beaten.
- Use of chopped fresh sage.
- You need of sprigs thyme, leaves only.
- Get of tablespoons poultry seasoning blend.
- Provide of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Southern Style Cornbread Dressing:
- for cornbread, grease a 10" cast iron skillet and place in oven and preheat to 425.
- in large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients for cornbread, in separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients and then combine with dry ingredients. stir until just incorporated.
- pour batter in preheated skillet and smooth to edges, bake until golden but not over dry, about 16 minutes. remove from skillet immediately to completely cool.
- for cornbread dressing, preheat oven to 350. in a LARGE stock pot, crumble cornbread and mix in stuffing mix and stir in poultry seasoning.
- saute onion and celery in one stick of butter until translucent and stir into cornbread mixture.
- melt remaining stick of butter and in a large mixing bowl combine butter, stock, eggs, sage, and thyme.
- add stock mixture to cornbread mixture, stir well to thoroughly combine, season with salt and pepper.
- pour in to a well greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and bake at 350 uncovered until set, about 45 minutes.
- If doing the gluten free version check in early.. It tends to brown faster… Almost had a disaster.
If you find this Southern Style Cornbread Dressing recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.