Palak ki katli.
You can have Palak ki katli using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Palak ki katli
- Prepare 1 bunch of Palak (spinach).
- It’s 1/2 cup of dal Masoor.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tamarind (imli).
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of green chili’s.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to enhance flavours.
- It’s 250 ml of water (1 cup).
- Prepare of For tempering.
- It’s 3-4 of dry red chillies.
- It’s 4-6 of garlic pods.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds (zeera).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Less than mustard seeds (rai).
- You need 2 pinch of black seeds (kalonji).
- You need 10-12 of curry leaves.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
Palak ki katli step by step
- Wash & soak dal for 30 minutes in warm water further wash & chop spinach leaves drain the water.
- To start cooking will take a pressure cooker add in dal Masoor,Palak,tamarind,green chillies,turmeric powder,red chilli powder add 1/2 cup water cover the lid & cook till 2-3 whistles then off the flame burner.
- Uncover the lid & add salt,more red chilli powder accordingly I added some more to our taste then mash it well already it’s soften & cooked just mash it to thick paste using a masher then add a cup of water to adjust the consistency it will be medium thick then let boil for 5 minutes on medium flame burner..
- Besides will keep the tempering ready take a pan add oil then add sliced garlic sauté for a minute then pop in all ingredients cumin seeds,mustard seeds,curry leaves,dry red chillies,kalonji in 2 more minutes it turns aromatic & nice immediately off the flame burner let it settle for few minutes then off the flame of katli which was boiling now pop the tempering all over in katli.
- The deliciously awesome palk katli is ready can be enjoyed with rice or chapati either it’s too refreshing taste & tasty..!.