Sourdough bread in a pan. Remove the loaves from the oven, and turn them out of the pans onto a rack to cool. Let them cool completely before slicing. The loaf will be ready to bake when the dough surface rebounds its shape when gently pressed with a fingertip.
This gives you a rather sloped loaf shape with shorter slices on the ends and taller slices in the middle. Best to avoid that if we can. Sourdough Bread Scald the milk in a small saucepan. You can have Sourdough bread in a pan using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough bread in a pan
- It’s 500 grams of all purpose floor.
- You need 250 grams of water.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sourdough starter.
- It’s 1 TSP of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of little toasted sesame and black seeds.
Stir in the sugar to dissolve. Bread can generally be baked in any pan, sourdough is no exception to this. Baking it in a covered dutch oven seals in moisture and keeps the crust from hardening, allowing maximum oven spring. You can achieve a similar effect by putting a pan of boiling water in the bottom of your oven for the first half of baking.
Sourdough bread in a pan instructions
- Mix all ingredients. Knead dough in bowl till uniform in consistency..
- Place in a oil-sprayed flat pan with deep margins. Spray the surface of the dough with oil. Cover well and rest for 24 hours..
- Spray the top again with oil and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and black seeds..
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 30 min. Turn top heat for the last 10 minutes to brown the surface..
- Leave on a rack in a microwave oven to cool. It tastes great with extra-virgin olive oil..
The makeup of this dough is the same as this sourdough focaccia. Here, the dough is baked in a loaf pan, and there is no sea salt on top. This recipe yields one large loaf. Lightly flour the top of your relaxed dough on the work surface. Using a bench knife and your hand and flip the round over.