Spiced honey biscuits. Honey biscuits (Benito Martin) Source: Benito Martin. Melt the butter with the honey until just dissolved. Don't let it get too hot and make sure it's just lukewarm when you add the flour.
They're not so sweet that you couldn't eat them with dinner or breakfast, or slathered with peanut butter. Melomakarona are Greek honey spiced biscuits usually made during periods of celebration and of great importance to the Greek Orthodox calendar such as Easter and Christmas. Crisp and lightly spiced, these honey snap biscuits do exactly what their name suggests. You can have Spiced honey biscuits using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spiced honey biscuits
- Prepare 650 g of flour.
- You need 150 g of brown sugar.
- You need 150 g of honey.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 100 g of butter (softened).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tbs of spice pix containing:.
- Prepare of allspice, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom and cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tbs of cocoa powder.
- It’s of For the icing:.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- You need 200 g of icing sugar.
- Prepare of few drops of lemon juice.
Delicious served with a glass of milk, a cup of coffee or a scoop of ice-cream. This was really simple and off the cuff, but I'd like to refine it (and (I found that, when added to a biscuit without sausage, the butter wasn't as pleasant as plain honey butter w/o the. Today I am making delicious tender soft biscuits glazed with honey and butter. This is my copycat recipe for Church's Chicken honey butter biscuits.
Spiced honey biscuits step by step
- In a food mixer combine sugar, honey, eggs and butter. In a separate bowl mix flour, spice, baking soda and cocoa powder then mix all the ingredients together and knead into a soft, but pliable dough. Cover with cling film and let it rest in refrigerator for 30-45minutes..
- Line 2 baking trays with grease proof (parchment) paper. Set the oven to 180°C. Form nut sized pieces from the dough and shape them into balls leaving 2" in between them. Flatten each ball with the back of a spoon and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes..
- Let the biscuits cool down on a wire rack, while you prepare the icing. Beat the egg whites over a pot of simmering water and slowly add icing sugar, whisking continuously. Stir in lemon juice, and whisk until stiff peaks form. Dip the top of the biscuits into the royal icing and allow to set. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy..
Here's a great recipe for spice biscuits, known as lebkuchen in German. This recipe make a lot so they're perfect as a food gift at Christmas. No added sugar here, just honey. These biscuits develop such lovely flavour from the honey and a touch of vanilla. Just four ingredients is all you need!