24 hour sour dough so easy. If you're a sourdough fan, you're going to love this simplified version of homemade sourdough bread that only has a few minutes of hands on work! Some thoughts on this recipe…I jumped on the quarantine sourdough starter/bread bandwagon, so I'm totally new to this. Easy, no knead, overnight sourdough bread.
In a large, non-metallic bowl (trust me, it will increase in volume dramatically), add one cup of flour, one package of active dry yeast, and one cup of water. Put a rubber band around the jar at the height of the starter to give a visual indication when the starter has risen. Cover the jar loosely with a glass or plastic lid, or a clean napkin secured with a rubber band. You can have 24 hour sour dough so easy using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 24 hour sour dough so easy
- It’s 450 gr of starter.
- It’s 1 kg of good quality flour but I use plain flour sometimes and it still works.
- Prepare 700 ml of water.
- You need 20 gr of sea salt.
I have a new one coming out that you'll love too. Just made my first batch of sourdough bread. Others I read seemed like a two process, and even being I. You also need to have dough that is proved and ready to bake.
24 hour sour dough so easy instructions
- I normally add to my starter in the morning around 8am 155g aged starter,155g flour and 155mls water then leave it for 6hours..
- Around 2-3pm in the arvo I literally just dump all the ingredients in a bowl and knead it for about 5mins. Today I’m using my kitchen aid because I hurt my shoulder. But just as easy to do it by hand..
- Resting the dough for 4 hours with a few folds in between is the biggest tip I can give you. with wet hands I grab some dough from the outside of the bowl and stretch it out to the other side of the bowl, do between 8-12 folds. You will do this process 3 times. Just say you start your dough at 3pm, at 330pm I do my first fold and every half hour I’ll will do it again so at 4pm and 430pm. Then rest it until 7pm..
- This step is Cutting the dough and rest it for 12-14hours In the fridge. Today I’m doing 3 loaves. Sprinkle flour where you are going to cut the dough pics will explain these steps but it does not have to be perfect so don’t worry..
- Once rolled leave for 20mins.
- Flatten out and make these fold below.
- Shape again if you have proving baskets this would be preferable but I only have tins so I just put rice a tea towel with rice flour.
- Place on a plastic bag and put it in the fridge..
- Before you bake the greatest sour dough ever! Take the dough out of the fridge as you turn the oven on, my Oven needs about 45mins to get to 250degrees. Score the bread with a super sharp knife I use a razor blade..
- Bake bread at 250degrees Celsius for 30mins with lid on, and 20-30mins with lid of at 200degrees.
On the other hand, the dough may not be lively enough and the fridge will slow things right down. So by the time the morning comes, your dough may not have risen enough and due to the cold dough temperature it will take a while to get it to its final fully proofed stage. Experience will be your best guide here. Tips for proofing sourdough overnight Rising time depend on so much. The strength of your starter/yeast/levain along with the dough ingredients and the temperature all impact it.