Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best My Shepherd's pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Shepherd's pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart isn’t fit then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that exercising regularly and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Are you aware, though, that there are some foods that can help you have a healthy heart? Continue reading to find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Beans, believe it or not, are actually good for your heart health. The after effects of consuming beans might not have a pleasant smell, but they’re great for the inside of your body. It doesn’t mean, however, that simply consuming beans will undo the damaging effects of eating junk foods or make your heart better by magic. What we are saying is that substituting in kidney beans or edamame for the chicken on your salad or eating a soy burger in place of a beef hamburger is a superb idea. Thankfully, beans are delicious and you never know, you might prefer them to your hamburgers and chicken.
There are tons of foods that you can include in your diet that will be beneficial for your body. It’s true that each of the food mentioned in this article can help your body in numerous ways. They are particularly wonderful, however, for promoting a healthy heart. Begin incorporating these healthy foods in your diet every day. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my shepherd's pie recipe. To cook my shepherd's pie you need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook My Shepherd's pie:
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey or chop meat.
- Get 1 of small onion.
- Use 1 can of beef broth.
- You need 1 can of corn kernals.
- Get 1 of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide 1 of green beans fresh or canned.
- Get 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 3 medium of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of cheddar cheese.
- Provide 1 of milk.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
Instructions to make My Shepherd's pie:
- * i only use about a 1/4 of the can of beans and corn* Dice onions and mince garlic. Dice green beans into 1/4" bits. Mince garlic. Saute onions in a tablespoon of olive oil until starting to turn transparent. Then add beans, garlic and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook approx 5 mins..
- When veggies are done put in a bowl or plate to the side. Then start cooking turkey meat in same pan. Ground it up kinda like you would do a taco meat or chili. Cook fully. Then drain any fat..
- Throw veggies and meat back into pan. Add the 1/4 cup of beef broth and a good couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. Saute until the broth has been reduced a touch. About 5 to 7 mins. Taste to see if it needs salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Place to side..
- Boil a pot of water. Peel and cube potatoes. When fork tender. Drain water. Save a nice helping handful of cheese for topping. In bowl add potatoes, milk butter, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mash the way you like your mash potatoes. I use a hand masher cause I like mine kinda thick..
- Pour meat and veggies into a corningware or Pyrex oven safe bowl or deep pan. Whatever you got that's deep. Then top with potatoes. Spread evenly so all the meat is covered. Then top off with extra cheese..
- Bake or broil in a hot ass oven until cheese is nice a melted. Serve and enjoy. Be careful cause its going to be hot.
If you find this My Shepherd's pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.