Creamy spinach and chicken pie. Traditional chicken pie is given a boost from spicy chorizo whilst spinach adds an extra helping of veg, all cooked in a rich creamy sauce and topped with buttery puff pastry for a hearty family dinner. This creamy chicken and spinach pasta dish takes no time at all and is absolutely delicious! Bake Chicken and Spinach Pie as usual, then allow to completely cool before wrapping with plastic wrap and then storing in an airtight container.
Place the chopped tomatoes on the outer rim of the pie. Place a ring of chopped red onion, and then place chopped kalamata olives in the center. Love that chicken and creamed spinach combo? You can cook Creamy spinach and chicken pie using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy spinach and chicken pie
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of deboned, skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 400 ml of fresh cream.
- You need 1 bunch of chopped spinach.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 800 grams of puff pastry.
- You need 100 grams of white mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of eggs.
With a little help from pre-made puff pastry, you can easily make savory pies like the pros! How to make Creamy Chicken and Spinach Pie. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt butter and heat oil in a large pan.
Creamy spinach and chicken pie instructions
- Chop chicken into cubes about 2-3cm cubed and preheat oven to 360°F.
- Take a tsb butter and melt in saucepan.
- Brown chicken in butter.
- Cut white mushrooms into cubes.
- Add mushrooms, spinach into chicken mix and close saucepan with lid.
- Reduce heat and let moisture from spinach cook chicken.
- Add fresh cream to chicken mix and remove lid, allow for cream to reduce/thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With a roller flatten puff pastry and line oven tin with butter and lay puff pastry in tin.
- Add chicken mixture to tin.
- Add second puff pastry to top of chicken mix and brush egg over pastry.
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let it settle and serve.
When it gets cold and dark outside I often look for comfort inside the home, the kitchen especially. And I don't need to tell anyone that when it comes to Chicken Pot Pie there is no better comfort food. But this is not the usual recipe. This creamy chicken spinach bake makes the perfect dinner entree! One of the EASIEST chicken recipes!