You can have Popcorn Chicken using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Popcorn Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken Tenderloin OR Breast Fillet.
- It’s of Salt *generous amount.
- It’s of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of large Egg *lightly whisked.
- It’s of Bread Crumbs *fine type preferred but ‘Panko’ is fine.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- Prepare of Spice Mix.
- It’s of Onion Powder.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Additional Spices & Herbs.
- Prepare of *e.g. Ground Ginger, Ground Paprika, Mustard Powder, Ground Coriander Seeds, Ground Cumin, Dried Oregano, Dried Thyme, Dried Basil, etc.
Popcorn Chicken instructions
- Mix a variety of Spices and Dried Herbs to make 1 tablespoon Spice Mix..
- Heat Oil in a heavy-based saucepan to 180°C..
- Cut Chicken Tenderloin OR Breast Fillet into small bite-size pieces, season with Salt and Spice Mix..
- Coat with Plain Flour, dip into whisked Egg, then coat with Bread Crumbs. Fry for a few minutes or until golden and crispy. Take them out and lay them on a rack or paper towel to drain the excess oil..
- Serve hot or warm while they are crunchy..