Sourdough Discard Pancakes. Discard recipes are a great way to use up that discard instead of throwing it away! Discard can have a varying degree of flavor to it depending on the sourness of your sourdough starter. What Ingredients Do You Need For Sourdough Pancakes?
The batter can be made overnight or on the same day- it's up to you! What's more comforting than a stack of warm, homemade pancakes topped with fresh berries and sweet maple syrup? Enough yakkity-yakkin' – let's get flap-jackin'. You can have Sourdough Discard Pancakes using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Discard Pancakes
- You need 2 c of sourdough discard.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s Splash of milk or water.
You can place all the ingredients into the bowl at the same time. After using my starter I feed it with enough equal weight flour and water to build it up. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, sugar and salt. Add the sourdough starter, milk, egg and oil.
Sourdough Discard Pancakes instructions
- Whisk eggs and sugar until combined..
- Add starter and the rest of the ingredients. (except milk/water) Mix well..
- If the batter is too thick add a splash of milk or water until you get a "pancake" consistency..
- Ladle ¼ c portions into hot greased skillet and cook on med low about 2-3 mins on each side. A small gravy ladle is usually the perfect size for this..
Spray a pancake griddle with cooking spray or grease well with butter. Put cooled pancakes on a cookie sheet OR cooling rack on a single layer. Remove the pancakes from the cookie sheet or cooling and rack and put them in a freezer-safe container. An easy, one-bowl recipe for fluffy homemade pancakes using leftover sourdough discard. The batter can be made overnight or on the same day- it's up to you!