sourdough soft pretzels. The perfect stage for our own line of flavored salts and sugars. Available for purchase online and delivered right to your door Buy Sourdough Pretzels at Amazon. Combine flour, sourdough starter, water, powdered milk, butter, brown sugar, yeast, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
Brush the pretzels with the solution, and sprinkle lightly with coarse pretzel salt. Sourdough Soft Pretzels have a wonderful flavor and chewy bite. Just when you thought homemade soft pretzels couldn't get any better, they do! You can have sourdough soft pretzels using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of sourdough soft pretzels
- You need 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter or oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of kosher or pretzel salt.
I've made soft pretzels several times over the last year or so and didn't really plan on posting another pretzel recipe just yet. Use a mesh stainer to remove the pretzels and place back on the parchment paper. Brush each pretzel with egg wash and sprinkle with salt. Soft, chewy and warm Sourdough Soft Pretzels will fill your house with the most amazing aroma and will wow your tastebuds!
sourdough soft pretzels instructions
- mix first six ingredients together well, knead until smooth by hand or in mixer(about 5 min).
- dough will be slightly sticky, cover and let rise til doubled..
- preheat oven to 350. divide dough into 12 pieces..
- roll each piece into 16 to 18 inch ropes. twist into pretzels shape and set on greased cookie sheet..
- mix 2 tbsp. hot water and 1 tbsp baking soda. brush onto shaped dough..
- sprinkle with kosher salt as desired. bake without rising again for 20-25 min..
- brush with melted butter when out of the oven. enjoy!.
- from king Arthur flour recipe online..
Soft, buttery hand-rolled and twisted soft pretzels made with the tanginess of sourdough. I don't know about you, but I could eat my weight in buttery soft pretzels! These Sourdough Soft Pretzels are so reminiscent of those ballpark pretzels. Not quite as big, but certainly big on flavor, texture, and salt! What Makes These Soft Pretzels so Good Many soft pretzel recipes involve boiling the pretzels and/or multiple proofs of the dough.