Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef steak and Kidney Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef steak and Kidney Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Helpful To Your Heart.
You already know that you have to have a healthy heart. Consider this: if your heart is not healthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Did you know, however, that a number of specific foods are great for making your heart feel better? If you would like to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Can you remember being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? The truth is that appleas are high in things that will keep your heart healthy. Apples have high soluble fiber content and this soluble fiber works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from taking hold and causing blockages. A single Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels fall by as much as eight percent! That’s a fantastic number if you’re endeavoring to make your heart healthy!
There are dozens (if not more) of foods that are great for your body. It’s true that every food brought up in this article can help your body in numerous ways. The foods mentioned are especially beneficial for the heart, though. Incorporate these heart-healthy in your diet each day. Your heart will be so much better if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef steak and kidney pie recipe. You can have beef steak and kidney pie using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef steak and Kidney Pie:
- Get of For The Pastry :.
- Take 200 gram of all purpose plain flour.
- Get 110 gram of butter.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of cold water.
- Take Pinch of salt.
- You need of For the Filling:.
- Prepare 500 gram of beef chuck steak, cut into cubes.
- Get 500 gram of beef kidney, cleaned and chopped into cubes.
- Provide 25 gram of all purpose flour.
- Use 3 tablespoon of curry paste.
- Prepare of Salt and black pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Use 25 gram of butter.
- You need 850 ml of beef stock.
- Take 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of carrots, cut into cubes.
- You need 1 of large eggs beaten for glaze.
Steps to make Beef steak and Kidney Pie:
- Make the Filling Place flour in a large bowl, season with salt and ground black pepper, add the cubes of steak and kidney, and toss well in the flour until evenly coated. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil in a large, flameproof casserole dish until the butter has melted. Add the meat to the fat in small batches and stir quickly for about 1 minute, or until the meat is browned. Set aside.
- Add the onions and carrots to the pan and fry gently for about 5 minutes. Return the meat to the pan, stir, and add the curty paste and the stock. Season with plenty of black pepper and a little salt. Bring to a gentle boil, cover with a lid and reduce to a gentle simmer. Cook slowly for about 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the sauce thickened. Remove from the heat, place into a 1.5-liter deep pie dish and let cool completely. Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the pastry and wide enough to cover the pie dish. Cut a tiny hole in the center to slip over the steam funnel if using. Brush the rim of the pie dish with water and place a pie funnel in the center of the filling. Place the pastry over the dish and the funnel pressing it down, trimming to fit the rim of the dish. Crimp the edges using your thumb and first finger. If not using a pie funnel, just cut a small slash in the middle of the crust to allow steam to escape..
- Brush the top with beaten egg. Bake for 40 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden..
- Serve immediately with mashed potato and salad..
If you find this Beef steak and Kidney Pie recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.