Palak Maat Chicken.
You can cook Palak Maat Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Palak Maat Chicken
- It’s 1 kg of Chicken Bone-in.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Amaranth Greens or Maat ki bhaji.
- You need 6 bunches of Spinach Greens or Paalak.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt or to taste.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 3 of Onions finely chopped.
- You need 3-4 of Green Chillies.
- You need 1 bunch of finely chopped Coriander Leaves.
Palak Maat Chicken step by step
- Heat Oil in a cooking pot. Saute Onions with Ginger garlic paste. Also add Green Chillies and the rest of the spices mentioned. Saute all of this for a good 3-4 minutes..
- Next is to add Chicken to it. Saute it on a medium high heat. Keep stirring it every now and then. After 5 minutes of stirring, cover with a lid and allow it to cook for the next few minutes on a low heat..
- Wash and chop both the Greens. Drain well and keep aside. After about 15-20 minutes of cooking the Chicken, add the Greens to it. Do not cook them for a very long time because they get done very quickly..
- After adding the Greens, cook on a high heat. It is recommended because they tend to leave a lot of water. So it is always better to cook on a medium high to high heat only. Adjust Salt and also add chopped Coriander. This is a gravy. So keep it medium thick. That's it. Do not add water at all. Let it cook in it's own juices..
- Serve this with both Rice and Rotis. Yum!.