You can cook Aloo Palak using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aloo Palak
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil/ghee.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 450 g of potatoes, peeled and chopped into quarter circles.
- It’s 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder, or to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- You need 250 g of spinach, chopped.
Aloo Palak step by step
- Add oil/ghee into a deep pot. On a medium heat, add the onions and fry until they are lightly gold..
- Add the potatoes, green chilli, ginger, garlic and spices. Fry these for 3 minutes, stirring often..
- Add 1/2 cup of water and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add in the chopped spinach. Simmer this covered with a lid on low for 5 minutes, then uncovered until the moisture from the spinach has been cooked out and there isn't any murky-coloured water left..
- Alow to rest before serving. Serve with chapati or roti..