Chicken Fajitas. We're going where no other leading meal kit company has. Check Out Chicken Fajita Recipe On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Put the cilantro, lime juice, broth, scallions, garlic, jalapeno, honey, and salt in a blender, puree until smooth. Put chicken breasts in a medium bowl and the peppers and onions in another. You can have Chicken Fajitas using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas
- You need 4 tablespoons of canola oil, divided.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s 1-1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips.
- You need 1/2 of medium sweet red pepper, julienned.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium green pepper, julienned.
- You need 1/2 of medium yellow pepper, julienned (optional).
- It’s 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 6 of flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed.
- Prepare of Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions and sour cream.
When ready to cook, heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet and cook. For a casual, fun get-together, set up a make-your-own-fajitas bar with the chicken filling, avocado cream, sour cream, and any other toppings you love, like pico de gallo, sliced fresh jalapeños, or crisp radish slices.
Chicken Fajitas step by step
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours..
- While chicken is marinating, prepare and cut your peppers and onions..
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm..
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through..
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with desired toppings..
Season both sides of chicken breasts with fajita seasoning. Arrange onion and peppers evenly on a rimmed sheet pan. Easy Chicken Fajitas are one of our all-time favorite dinners. Tender juicy chicken breasts, fresh crisp peppers, and sweet onions tossed in an easy homemade seasoning and piled high in tortillas. Top these easy fajitas with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, guacamole, and Pico de Gallo!