You can have Syrian Harisa using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Syrian Harisa
- You need of course semolina (about 3 cups).
- Prepare of coconut flakes.
- It’s of yoghurt.
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of almonds.
- You need of brown sugar.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of juice of half a lemon.
- You need of flower water.
Syrian Harisa step by step
- Add the semolina, coconut, yoghurt and the 1 cup of brown sugar and baking powder with dissolved butter in a bowl. Mix all ingredients well with a spatula..
- Spread evenly into an oiled baking pan and introduce into a 180 degrees C oven for 20-30 minutes till top turns golden brown..
- In a separate saucepan dissolve 3 cups of brown sugar into the water with the flower water and the lemon juice added. Reduce over medium heat and stir occasionally till it turns into a syrup. Brown sugar has the appearance of caramel which gives the dessert a very appetizing color..
- Pull the pan out of the oven and let it cool down..
- Add the hot syrup on top of the harisa and leave overnight to absorb it. Enjoy as a breakfast the next day..