Caribbean Lamb Potjie. This is one of the best lamb Potjie recipes ever not only for its traditional value but also because of its. There is a difference between a potjie and a stew – donâ€™t mix everything together, it shouldnâ€™t look like a stew once youâ€™re done! The Lamb Potjie recipe looks very good.
Recipes Lamb Potjie Boma-Flavors of Africa Animal Kingdom Lodge. Cut lamb into one and half inch cubes. Heat olive oil in a special potjie pot preferably on an open flame. You can cook Caribbean Lamb Potjie using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caribbean Lamb Potjie
- Prepare 30 ml of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 2 of Onions, sliced.
- You need 200 g of Bacon, diced.
- You need 10 ml of Garam Masala.
- It’s 5 ml of Salt.
- You need 2,5 ml of ground black Pepper.
- Prepare 1000 g of Lamb.
- Prepare 60 ml of white Rum.
- You need 60 ml of dark Rum.
- It’s 15 ml of Stroh Rum.
- It’s 250 ml of vegetable Stock.
- It’s 50 ml of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 150 ml of light Syrup, from Pineapple in light Syrup.
- Prepare 150 ml of Pineapple, chopped.
- You need 500 g of Carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need 500 g of Sweet Potato, peeled and sliced.
- It’s 500 g of Pumpkin, peeled and diced.
- You need 400 ml of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 30 ml of Honey.
- You need 30 ml of Cornflour.
It uses two different cuts of lamb and even some pork for extra flavour. Try this lamb neck potjie, very easy and perfect for a winter warmer. This is one of my best potjies. Lamb neck potjie is one that is underused and the meat that is hugely underrated, however it works.
Caribbean Lamb Potjie step by step
- Heat potjie, add Oil, fry Onions till soft, take Onions out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Fry Bacon till crispy, take Bacon out with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Season meat with Masala, Salt and Pepper. Brown meat in potjie, ensuring both sides are cooked..
- Add Rum, Stock, Syrup and Worcestershire Sauce to cover meat and bring to boil. Set aside any left over liquid. Reduce heat and cook slowly for least 1 and half hours..
- Add Pineapple, Carrots, crispy Bacon and fried Onions, replace lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add Pumpkin and Sweet Potato, cover and simmer for 30 minutes then add leftover liquid and simmer for another 45 minutes..
- Mix coconut Milk, Honey and Cornflour, pour over top, replace lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with yellow rice or other Caribbean Island favourite..
See recipes for Caribbean Lamb Potjie, Caribbean Jerk Chicken too. Coconut Oil•Onions, sliced•Bacon, diced•Garam Masala•Salt•ground black Pepper•Lamb•white Rum. Hesser brought us this recipe for the classic Roman stew Food To Make. Braai like a Master: Lamb potjie. It's easy to prepare the perfect potjie with this video.