Crêpes. Make the best crêpes with two of Chef Jacques Pépin favorite recipes! My idea of the perfect crepes! Can be made sweet or savory.
They come together faster than pancakes or waffles, and taste just as good! The secret: letting the batter rest. See the best way to prepare the pan and pour the batter for the most delicious results, and get ideas for fillings. You can have Crêpes using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crêpes
- It’s of Crêpes.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s 50 g of Plain Flour.
- You need 150 ml of Milk.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need of Spreads/Sauce.
- You need of Nutella.
- It’s of Peanut Butter.
- You need of Golden/maple syrup or honey.
- Prepare of Flavoured sauce.
- You need of Whipped cream.
- You need of Jam/preserves.
- Prepare of Yoghurt.
- Prepare of Ice cream.
- Prepare of Physical Toppings.
- Prepare of Chocolate.
- You need of Biscuits/cookies.
- Prepare of Strawberries.
- Prepare of Blueberries.
- Prepare of Banana.
- Prepare of Cherries.
- You need of Fruit.
- It’s of Lemon.
- Prepare of Sugar.
These thin pancakes are made with wheat flour, and have origins Although they are a French staple and a national dish, crêpes are so popular that they have spread worldwide. Whip up a batch of classic French crêpes for a breakfast treat or a delicious dessert. These delicate pancakes pair beautifully with sweet and savoury fillings. Eat for Eight Bucks: Cornmeal Crepes, Mushroom Ragout, Fried Egg.
- Whisk together egg, flour and salt, slowly adding milk. Whisk until smooth..
- Oil a hot pan and pour batter in, creating a thin layer..
- Cook for short period until starts to brown, toss and repeat for other side..
- Put on warm plate and add toppings or keep warm in grill..
- Fold to serve or leave flat..
Homemade French crêpes are so much fun and surprisingly easy to make using a simple blender batter and a nonstick skillet. They can go sweet or savory, depending on your preference! Both economcial and elegant, crepes are easy to make, too. The perfect last minute dessert, or even savoury main. A sweet crêpe opened up, with whipped cream and strawberry sauce on it.