Open Faced Roast Beef. Today we are making a open face roast beef sandwich. And while doing so learning a bit about the roux and the balance between adding flavor and thickening. A simple and easily adjusted broiled open face sandwich concoction.
Just make sure the cheese is always on top to pull it together. Oversized, over-used, stretched out vagina lips, hanging from the crotch area, resting on the inner thigh, as if to be an open faced roast beef sandwich. This recipe for an open-faced roast beef sandwich is an easy dish to serve during game days and tailgates with friends. You can have Open Faced Roast Beef using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Open Faced Roast Beef
- You need 2 lb of Rare Deli Roast Beef (cheap is fine!).
- Prepare 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 packages of Mushrooms (whatever's on sale but they should be sliced and this is not a required ingredient).
- It’s 4 envelope of Low-sodium beef gravy mix.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beef broth, divided.
- You need 1 tbsp of Corn starch.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Potatoes (I make my own but instant is fine if you prefer).
- You need 1 tsp of Worchestershire sauce.
- Prepare of potatoes.
- You need 5 lb of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Real butter (seriously, have you SEEN the ingredients in that supposed "healthy" crap?).
- It’s 1 of as needed Half-and-half, heavy cream or, I guess, milk.
- Prepare 10 slice of Bread, toasted.
It's made with tender roast beef and onions and topped with mouthwatering gravy. For an open-faced lunch or dinner favorite, cook tender, thinly sliced roast beef in McCormick® Simply Better Brown Gravy. Made with real ingredients, the gravy adds bold, savory flavor the whole family will love. Cook meat in the rich gravy, pile onto bread with provolone cheese and enjoy!
Open Faced Roast Beef instructions
- Peel the potatoes as needed. If they're red potatoes you only need to remove the eyes..
- Cut into equal sized pieces and put in water to boil for mashed potatoes. As a general rule, for medium-sized chunks, it takes about 15 to 20 min for potatoes to be ready to mash..
- Add a little bit of beef broth (maybe a half cup or so) to the bottom of a large pot or Dutch oven. Maybe about a half-inch to cover the bottom..
- To the broth add your mushrooms and your onions..
- On top of this add your roast beef which is rare. Turn on low..
- As this warms up mixed together Beef broth, cornstarch, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir well. Put aside for later..
- Once the beef mushrooms and onions begin to get warm in the skillet or Dutch oven, turn up to a high heat, add the beef broth mixture and stir. This will thicken it..
- While this is heating up mix together the four envelopes of gravy mix. I use low-sodium because I don't like salt but if you like salt choose one that's just a regular one. I don't make my own gravy because I don't like all the fat content in it. (Tip: I use a small amount of water to create a paste, first, which eliminates lumps. Then I add the rest of the water as indicated on instructions).
- Let this mixture come to a boil and reduce down to low because everything is already cooked. Now all you're waiting for is the delicious potatoes to get done see you can mash them..
- The meat, mushrooms, and onions are already done as I said, so just keep them on low so they will stay warm. Make sure you don't let them stick to the bottom! Meanwhile prepare your mashed potatoes that you can serve with the mushroom gravy or brown gravy or whatever you've chosen to put in with your roast beef..
- Toast two pieces of bread per serving. Make sure to put the roast beef mushrooms and onions on top of the toasted bread. Seriously saturate that toady with gravy. Really..
Second layer: the most tender roast beef you ever put in your mouth. Third layer: creamy, buttery mashed potatoes. Oh, I do hope you love to eat and love to look at my Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwich Layer Cake – oops, Casserole as much as I do. Layer as follows starting with roast beef then sliced tomato, red onion, salt, pepper the sliced cheese on top. Open-Faced Roast Beef Sandwiches with Braised Cabbage Slaw & Russian Dressing.