Caribbean Oxtail Stew.
You can cook Caribbean Oxtail Stew using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caribbean Oxtail Stew
- Prepare 1.3 KG of Oxtail.
- It’s 1 of Large Onion.
- You need 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 of tinned can of Butter Beans.
- It’s 1 of Scotch Bonnet.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Garlic Paste (3 Cloves).
- It’s 2.5 Tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Paprika.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Thyme (Fresh or dried).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Cornflour.
- It’s 3 of Stock Cube (Beef or Veg).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Water.
Caribbean Oxtail Stew instructions
- Wash the Oxtail meat (using lemon and white vinegar) before rinsing in water. Marinate the meat overnight or up to 5 hours (stored in fridge) in a bowl with; – 1 tsp Salt – 1 tsp Black Pepper – 1 tbsp Garlic Paste (3 Cloves) – 2.5 tbsp All Purpose – 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (or Dark Soy sauce) -.
- When ready to cook, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet pan over medium/high heat. Sear oxtail until an overall golden brown and then remove the meat to set aside..
- Sauté 1 large diced onion and 1 chopped scotch bonnet until soft. Add the oxtail along with 4 cups of water, 3 beef/veg stock cube, 1 tbsp paprika and 1 tbsp thyme. Reduce the heat to low once brought to boil, cover and simmer for 2.5 hours until the meat is fork tender. Make sure to check the stew every 30 minutes, adding water if need be as you go along and stirring occasionally..
- 1.5 hours later, add 1 chopped carrot, 1 red bell pepper and 2 tbsp cornflour to thicken sauce. 30 minutes later, add 1 tin of butter beans..
- Serve with White Rice or Rice and Peas..