You can cook Caribbean Cornbread using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caribbean Cornbread
- You need 1 cup of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of Corn meal.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 stick of Butter, unsalted at room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 can of Canned creamed corn (14oz size).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Canned crushed pineapple (8 oz can), drained.
- You need 1 cup of Shredded Monterey Jack or mild cheddar.
Caribbean Cornbread step by step
- Preheat oven to 325..
- Butter and flour a 9×9 or 7×11 baking dish. I prefer Pyrex..
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt – mix and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs one at a time. Mix in corn, pineapple, and cheese..
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into your baking dish..
- Bake until edges are golden brown, or till a tester stuck into the center comes out clean. Takes about 1 hour..