Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins. Finely shredded zucchini, which is barely noticeable, is folded into a tried and true buttermilk banana bread recipe that can be bulked up with your choice of chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips. The result is golden brown, super moist Zucchini Banana Muffins that are perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up, breakfast on-the-go or afternoon snack. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
Be sure to label it with the date. These healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins are the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast addition. They are Paleo, Vegan, gluten free, dairy free, made with cassava flour and only sweetened with banana. You can have Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins
- You need of Dry ingredients:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat pastry flour (I used 1 cup wholegrain flour mixed with 1/2 cup plain flour).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Wet ingredients:.
- It’s 3/4 cup of mashed ripe banana (about 2 small to medium ripe bananas). – I used 1 big bananas and didn't really measure with the cup. Next time will measure properly.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or sub melted butter) – I used coconut oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey (or sub pure maple syrup).
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of heaping cup shredded zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini, shredded and squeezed of excess moisture).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk) – I used fresh milk.
- Prepare of Fold ins:.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, dairy free if desired.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts (or pecans) – I used sliced almond.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut.
I haven't eaten an egg in nearly four months, and prior to that I was barely eating any. Mix bananas, white sugar, zucchini, applesauce, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a sifter and sift into the banana mixture; add oats and mix until batter is just combined. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
Healthy Zucchini Banana Muffins step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin liners and spray the inside of the liners with nonstick cooking spray. This is critical to making sure the muffins don’t stick to the liners..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt..
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the following with a wooden spoon: zucchini (make sure it’s been squeezed of excess moisture), mashed banana, olive oil, honey, egg, vanilla extract, shredded zucchini and almond milk..
- Gently sir in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and shredded coconut..
- Divide batter evenly between greased muffin liners. Bake for 22-27 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached..
- Allow muffins to cool in muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. Store muffins in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Muffins can also be frozen for up to three months..
Healthy banana zucchini muffins packed with shredded zucchini, banana, heart-healthy walnuts, coconut and dark chocolate chips. These delicious muffins pack in both fruits and veggies, making them the perfect healthy snack! Freezer-friendly and a great way to use up zucchini! Whole Wheat Zucchini Banana Muffins An easy recipe for healthy muffins made without butter, refined flour or refined sugar. But with how flavorful they taste, you can't even tell!