Warm Fava Bean & Spiced Roasted Vegetable Salad.
You can cook Warm Fava Bean & Spiced Roasted Vegetable Salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Warm Fava Bean & Spiced Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Prepare of Carrots (about a bunch).
- It’s 1 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 2-3 Cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 150 g of White Cheese (feta or simliar).
- It’s 100-200 g of Olives.
- Prepare of Fresh Mint.
- You need 1 of Little Gem Lettuce.
- It’s Loaf of Sourdough.
- Prepare of Honey.
- It’s 400 g of Fava Beans.
- Prepare Half of a Lemon.
- It’s of Cumin seeds.
- You need of Cooking oil (we use rapeseed).
Warm Fava Bean & Spiced Roasted Vegetable Salad instructions
- Roughy chop the red onion, carrots and garlic. Keep the carrots and red onion in reasonable chunks or they'll disintegrate. Place in a roasting dish with a good glug of oil. Sprinkle liberally with cumin seeds then place in the oven for 20 mins..
- While the veg is roasting, rinse the fava beans then place them in a mixing bowl. Add a little oil (aprox. 1 tablespoon) and squeeze in the lemon juice..
- After the veg has roasted for 20 mins, remove from the oven, coat the carots in honey and return everything to the oven for a final 5 mins..
- Remove everything from the oven and leave to cool..
- Rough chop the fresh mint leaves and de-leaf the little gem lettuce then add both to the fava beans. Give everything in the bowl a quick mix..
- Add everything in the bowl to the roasting dish and mix well with the warm vegetables..
- Crumble the white cheeese over the top and serve with a slice of sourdough..