Jamaican Jackfruit Curry.
You can cook Jamaican Jackfruit Curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Jackfruit Curry
- You need 1 tin of jackfruit in water – drained.
- You need 1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tin of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 2 inch of piece of ginger.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Rapeseed oil spray.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s of Small pinch of saffron.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tbsp hot Caribbean curry powder.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh chilli.
- Prepare Handful of fresh coriander.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Jamaican Jackfruit Curry instructions
- Add approx 10 sprays of the rapeseed oil to a pan, and add the chopped onion. Coat the onion in the oil, add a tsp of salt and let the onion go soft, translucent and sweet.
- Grate in the ginger and garlic, stir continuously so it doesn’t catch and cook until fragrant.
- Add all of the other herbs and spices and stir until fragrant. If it starts to get thick or catch add a few spoons of water to loosen it.
- Next add the chopped tomatoes, refill the empty can with water and add that too..
- Bring to the boil and in the meantime drain your jackfruit and shred it, add to the pan and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the coconut milk, let it cook out for 5 minutes and then adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until slightly reduced, and serve with rice, and scatter the chopped chilli and coriander over to serve.