You can have Amaretti Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amaretti Biscuits
- You need of Egg Whites, 80g Approximately 2 Egg Whites.
- Prepare Pinch of Cream of Tartar,.
- Prepare 100 g of Demerara Sugar,.
- Prepare 170 g of Almond Flour,.
- It’s 15 g of Amaretto Liqueur,.
- You need of Icing Sugar, For Dusting.
Amaretti Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 170 degree celsius or 340 fahrenheit. Add egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl. Using a hand or stand mixer, whisk until stiff peaks. *If you do not have cream of tartar, add a splash of lemon juice.*.
- Add in the sugar gradually while still whisking. Whisk until light and glossy. The sugar should also dissolved. Fold in the almond flour in 1/3 portion at a time. Lastly, fold in the liqueur. You should get a stiff wet paste..
- I prefer my amaretti biscuits to be mini in size. You can of cos choose to make bigger ones by using a tablespoon instead. I am using a teaspoon to scoop out individual biscuit and roll it into a ball. By dusting my hands lightly with icing sugar, I find it easier to roll the biscuits..
- Place the biscuits onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Leave some space in between as the biscuits will spread while baking. Wack into the oven and bake for 15 mins or until golden brown with some cracks..
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool, for about 20 mins. Transfer into airtight containers. The biscuits can be kept at room temperature for about a week..