Chopper's Bourbon Poached Peach and Mascarpone Ice Cream Brulee. Place a heaped tsp of the castor (superfine) sugar on top of each ice cream ramekin. spread carefully over until evenly covered. Chopper's Bourbon Poached Peach and Mascarpone Ice Cream Brulee Fresh Mascarpone • Peaches, cut in half and de-stoned • Sugar • Water • Chopped up Vanilla Pod • Bourbon (your brand of choice. This Poached Peaches Recipe is a delightful summer dessert.
All the components go so well together and the peach flavour shines through all that delicious topping. It's bright, scrumptious and so easy to whip up too. Fill the peaches with a large spoonful of the vanilla mascarpone and place on a serving plater or in individual bowls. You can have Chopper's Bourbon Poached Peach and Mascarpone Ice Cream Brulee using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chopper's Bourbon Poached Peach and Mascarpone Ice Cream Brulee
- It’s 1 1/2 of Peaches, cut in half and de-stoned.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1 of Chopped up Vanilla Pod.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Bourbon (your brand of choice. I use Jim Beam).
- Prepare 1 cup of Good quality French Vanilla Ice Cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Fresh Mascarpone.
- It’s 3 tsp of (heaped) of Castor (superfine) Sugar.
If the bourbon caramel sauce is too thick reheat it slightly on low heat until it returns to the right consistancy. Spoon caramel over the peaches, sprinkle with a pinch of Fleur de Sel (optional), and serve. Stir the peach puree and mascarpone into the cooled custard. Then freeze the custard in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Chopper's Bourbon Poached Peach and Mascarpone Ice Cream Brulee step by step
- Get out a saute pan or large frypan..
- In the pan, put the water, first measure of sugar and the chopped up vanilla pod and bring up to a simmer and make a sugar syrup. once sugar has dissolved simmer for 3 minutes…
- Add the Bourbon in to the pan and bring it back to a simmer. Add the cut peaches to the simmering syrup skin side down for 5 minutes. then flip them over and simmer another 3 minutes. The syrup should be dark and thick by this stage. Remove the peaches and carefully peel off the skin. Place peaches back in syrup and let them sit in it..
- Get 3 ramekins and place a peach half in each of the 3 ramekins, cut side up, and drizzle over two tsp of the syrup over each.
- Then put a 1/3 cup of Ice Cream in each ramekin on top of the fruit, flattening it down a bit..
- Next place a 1/3 cup of Mascarpone in each ramekin and smooth the top over with a spatula or palette knife level with top of the ramekin..
- Place a heaped tsp of the castor (superfine) sugar on top of each ice cream ramekin. spread carefully over until evenly covered..
- Blowtorch the top until the sugar has caramelised. if you don't have a blowtorch, you can stick it under a grill(broiler) keeping a close eye on it that it doesn't burn.
- Stand for one minute on bench before serving..
Poached Pears with Mascarpone Cream These pears are poached in a spiced white wine syrup, filled with mascarpone whipped cream, and finished with bittersweet chocolate sauce. Chocolate, pies, ice cream, you name it, I'll grab my spoon and have a little bit. Basically, this ice cream is a cobbler in a cup. The brown sugar hits you first, warm and a little molasses-y, followed by the honeyed flavor of peach and a delicate kiss of bourbon in place of vanilla. It's sweet, but hey, so are peaches, and the ice cream retains some of the fruit's light acidity bolstered by the brown sugar.