Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already realize that the body needs a heart that is strong and healthy. Obviously, if your heart is in bad shape then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy either. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to follow a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Do you know, though, that there are some foods that can help your heart be healthier? Keep on reading to learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Beans–seriously–are super beneficial for your heart. Sure, the after-effects of consuming beans may not be the best for your nose, but they are so healthy for you. This does not mean, however, that merely eating beans will make your heart be a great deal healthier or counterbalance the effects of unhealthy foods you might be eating. What this means is that substituting in edamame or red beans for the chicken on your salad or consuming a soy burger in place of the hamburger is what you have do. Luckily, beans are very tasty and you never know…you might not even miss real chicken or beef.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are terrific for your body. The truth is that each of the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in many ways. They are especially good, though, for making your heart healthy as it possibly can. Try incorporating these healthy foods in your diet daily. Your heart will thank you!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake) recipe. To make okonomiyaki (japanese pizza / japanese savory pancake) you only need 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake):
- You need of thin sliced pork belly.
- Prepare of cabbage, about 1/2 heads.
- You need of scallion.
- You need of red pickled ginger.
- You need of perilla leaf.
- Take of eggs.
- Provide of oil for frying.
- You need of Okonomi-yaki batter.
- Get of boiled water.
- Take of Japanese soup stock (dashi), granule type.
- Use of (7 oz, 1.6 cups) cake flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- Provide of dried bonito powder (optional).
- Get of Japanese yam.
- Get of Topping (adjust to suit your taste).
- Use of okonomiyaki sauce (savory pancake sauce, It's kind of similar to barbecue sauce.).
- Take of mayonnaise.
- Get of dried green nori flakes.
- Use of dried bonito flakes.
- Get of 1cup=235cc(USA).
Instructions to make OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake):
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/u59j7GmSckc.
- 【For Okonomiyaki batter】Put 200 ml (6.8 fl oz) boiled water in a bowl and add Japanese soup stock, stir well. Put the bowl in water to cool down; set aside. Mix roughly cake flour, baking powder, and dried bonito powder; set aside..
- Grate Japanese yam into a large bowl. Pour the prepared stock in it while stirring. Sift dry ingredients over it..
- Mix well until smooth. Let it sit in a fridge for 3 hours or more to bring out the ''umami''(savory taste) of the flour..
- 【Prepare other ingredients. 】Chop cabbage into about 1 cm (0.4'') square. Chop the core of cabbage into fine pieces. Cut stalks scallion into small pieces. (You should wipe off moisture after you wash vegetables, before cutting them.).
- Cut leaves perilla leaf into small pieces. Chop red pickled ginger into fine pieces..
- 【Cook it with a frying pan.】Put one serving of the batter and vegetables in a bowl (1/4 each). Add an egg and mix roughly..
- Heat a frypan on medium-low heat and add a splash of oil for frying. Pour the okonomiyaki mixture into the pan. Use a spatula to form it into a round pancake about 2cm (0.8'') thick..
- Cook it for 3 mins on medium heat. Gently lay about 1/4 of the pork belly slices on top of the pancake. When golden brown on the bottom, flip it and cook the other side..
- Cook it on medium heat for 4-5 mins until golden too or pork belly gets crispy. Please don't push down on the okonomiyaki in the pan to get a fluffy pancake. Flip it again, warm it on low heat and then turn off the heat..
- 【Toppings】Apply okonomiyaki sauce with a spoon or brush, add mayonnaise in zigzagging lines, and sprinkle dried green nori flakes and dried bonito flakes. Please try freshly cooked OKONOMIYAKI!.
- Notes: If the time has passed after putting cabbage into the batter, the water in the cabbage will come out and the batter will become watery. If the batter becomes watery, the cooked okonomiyaki won't get fluffy, so when cooking, it's better to mix the batter and vegetables just before cooking..
If you find this OKONOMIYAKI (Japanese Pizza / Japanese Savory Pancake) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.