Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake.
You can cook Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake
- It’s 1 lb of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper (to taste ).
- It’s 2 cup of Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided).
- Prepare 1 can of Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits (10 per can).
Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned and onions are tender. Drain and return to skillet..
- Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, and black pepper..
- In a greased 8×8 inch baking dish/pan, spread half the mixture over the bottom. Add a layer of shredded cheese (1 cup). Repeat layers..
- Flatten each biscuit and lay on top, covering as much area as possible. I used 9 biscuits this way, used the 10th to fill in gaps, then pinched and kneaded with fingertips until it covered the whole thing..
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and mixture is bubbly..
- *** Recipe originates from Taste of Home's 2003 "Quick Cooking Annual Recipes" cookbook..