Rustic hotdog tikki masala.
You can have Rustic hotdog tikki masala using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rustic hotdog tikki masala
- You need of hotdogs.
- Prepare 2 lb of hotdogs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of sauce.
- You need 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp of fenugreek leaves dried optional.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk, or heavy cream traditional.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 medium of chopped Serrano peppers, seeds removed.
- It’s of traditional paste if you want to use instead of the lesser version.
- You need 1/2 cup of peeled ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of garnish.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
Rustic hotdog tikki masala step by step
- For the ginger garlic Paste instructions if using. Take the ginger garlic and put into a blender and blend, adding oil as it blends. Put in a jar with lid into refrigerator, it will keep 2-3 weeks..
- Cut the hotdogs into bite sized pieces and fry with oil. its ok to get them crispy..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Add tomatoes, ginger, garlic Serrano peppers, garam masala, paprika, tomato paste, and salt. Let simmer 20 minutes. Most people put into a blender here. Blend smooth, then add back to pan..
- Add the coconut milk, and fenugreek leaves if using. Stirring occasionally simmer 10 minutes..
- Add the hotdogs to sauce simmer3-5 minutes garnish with cilantro serve hope you enjoy!.
- The carb count is way off on this one it says 100 plus on carbs. I have noticed when I put a hotdog recipe up it goes way up. But the hotdogs I use are less then a carb each since their is 24 hotdogs, they contribute only at the most 24 carbs. Split that 6 ways equals 4 carbs, and 7 carbs for the tomatoes per serving. 11 carbs per serving the coconut milk, oil, and spices 0 carbs. Serrano peppers are less then 7 total so not even 18 carbs per serving..