Ghanta tarkari. Ghanta Tarkari (Odia traditional mixed vegetable curry): This is an Odia traditional recipe which is prepared the next day on the occasion of Dwitbahana. Ghanta tarkari or mix veg is a special Odiya recipe. It is made up of a variety of vegetables.
Ghanta Tarkari (Odia traditional mixed vegetable curry): This is an Odia traditional recipe which is prepared Ingredients mentioned in the video. Vegetable curry with panch phoran, cumin, chilli and coriander. This dish does not have almonds. You can cook Ghanta tarkari using 28 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ghanta tarkari
- It’s 1 cup of Kaddu,cut into cubes.
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes (Aloo), cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 of raw banana,peeled and cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of mooli(Radish),cut into cubes.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato,peeled and cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of elephant yam, peeled and cut into cubes.
- You need 1 of brinjal,cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Ash gourd(white pumpkin) peeled and cut into cubes.
- You need 5-6 of beans,cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of tomatoes,cut into pieces.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of cucumber, ripe, peeled and cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of parval, cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 Cup of elephant apple, cut into pieces.
- You need of Fresh coconut, grated.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of fresh coconut, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ginger,grated.
- You need 2 of Bay leaf(tej Patta).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kaala chana,soaked.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green moong sprouts.
- Prepare 1 teaspoons of turmeric powder (haldi).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of jaggery or sugar, powdered.
- It’s 2-3 of dry red chillies, for tempring.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds(jeera).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cumin powder (jeera powder), Roasted.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of red chilli powder, roasted.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need of #traditional dish.
Ghanta can be also without onion & garlic. Ghanta Tarkari recept, indijska hrana, ghanta tarkari, tarkari, bhaji, sabji, sabzi, subji, subzi, zelenjava, vegetarijanska, mešana zelenjava, Orissa, Oriya, krompir, fižol, zeleni grah, koruza, sladek. Ghanta Tarkari (Odia traditional mixed vegetable curry): This is an Odia traditional recipe which is prepared the next day on the occasion of Dwitbahana Pooja(ossa). This is prepared in huge quantities.
Ghanta tarkari step by step
- To begin the preparation of Oriya Style Ghanta Tarkari, soak the kala chana for 3 to 4 hours or overnight..
- Wash the green moong beans and soak overnight in enough water. Drain the water and clean properly. Wet a clean cotton cloth and wring excess water from it. Tie the moong daal in the cloth and keep it covered in a container for a day. When you open it, you should be able to see sprouts coming from it..
- Wash and cut the vegetables. In a heavy bottomed vessel, add the potatoes, yam, colocasia, pumpkin, sweet potato, radish, kala chana along with 1 cup water, turmeric powder, salt, bay leaf, grated ginger and cook. Since these vegetables take long time to cook, you need to cook them first..
- After 5 minutes, add the rest of the vegetables and the chopped coconut, cover and cook on medium heat. You do not have to add more water as many of the vegetables will start releasing their own water..
- Once the vegetables are half done, add tomatoes and the elephant apple and the powdered jaggery and cook till all the vegetables are cooked perfectly then remove from heat.Add the moong sprouts into it..
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add the red chillies and cumin seeds,then add the roasted cumin and red chilli powder to it and immediately pour this over the cooked vegetables. Add the grated coconut, mix well and cook on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes..
- Serve the Oriya Traditional Style Ghanta Tarkari hot with Roti or steamed rice as your choice..
To begin with the Ghanta Tarakari, thoroughly clean the green moong beans and soak overnight in enough water. Ghanta Tarkari is a delicious vegetarian dish where "ghanta" means mixed and "tarkari" means curry – so basically Oriya Mixed Vegetable Curry. Traditionally, this dish is made with typical Indian. GHANTA TARKARI ( signature Odia recipe ) is a Mix-Veg dish with soaked pulses & legumes in huge quantities.. Ghanta Tarakari ଘ ଣ ଟ ତରକ ର Odia Khadya. ଦ ଵ ତ ୟ ଘ ଣ ଟ ତରକ ର Ghanta tarkari Odia Mix Veg Curry Odia Authentic Ghanta Recipe Odia.