Roasted Lamb Shanks..
You can cook Roasted Lamb Shanks. using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Lamb Shanks.
- You need of Marinade.
- Prepare 4 of twigs rosemary.
- Prepare 3 of chillies, chopped.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic, sliced.
- It’s 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 5 tsp of dried origanum.
- You need 4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Veg.
- It’s 500 grams of new potatoes, skin on.
- Prepare 250 grams of white button mushrooms.
- You need 4 large of carrots, sliced thick.
- You need 2 large of onions, sliced thick.
- You need 2 medium of green bell peppers.
- You need 6 medium of lamb shanks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 350 ml of red wine.
- It’s 400 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of all-purpose flour.
Roasted Lamb Shanks. instructions
- Mix all the ingredients together for the marinade. Mix well with the lamb shanks and leave to marinade for at least 40 minutes or over night..
- Preheat oven to 160°C..
- In a hot frying pan brown the lamb shanks with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Make sure that you get a good colour on them because that adds to the flavour..
- Remove the lamb shanks and braise the veg in the same pan for about 7 minutes..
- Add the red wine and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes..
- Now add the stock and the bayleaves and bring to the boil..
- Place everything in an oven dish and mix together. Roast in the oven for 1.5 hours at 160°C, turn the lamb shanks and roast for a further 1.5 hours..
- Serve with rice or couscous..