Warm Quinoa Salad.
You can cook Warm Quinoa Salad using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Warm Quinoa Salad
- Prepare of salad/ first version.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 medium of red bell peppers, finely diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 10 of kalamatta olives, sliced.
- You need of parmesan cheese, grated ( optional ).
- You need of salad/ second version. Use the ingredients from above adding these too.
- Prepare 1 lb of medium shrimp, cleaned and shelled.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
Warm Quinoa Salad step by step
- In a deep skillet heat oil over medium heat..
- Add onions, peppers and celery. Cook 4 minutes or until onions turn translucent..
- Add in garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 1 minute..
- Add in water and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa and cover. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes..
- Place into a large serving bowl and mix in parsley and olives. Top each serving with grated cheese if you prefer..
- Serve warm..
- For version two. This is so easy to change up. You will cook the recipe in the exact same manner. Just toss in uncooked shrimp when water comes to a boil before adding in quinoa. Cover and simmer the same way. Same timing. Toss in lemon zest and juice when adding in parsley and olives..
- Recipe by taylor68too..