Southwestern style eggrolls.
You can cook Southwestern style eggrolls using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwestern style eggrolls
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef/turkey.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of -2 red/yellow bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 1 can of corn, drained.
- You need 1 can of Diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of Black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 packages of taco seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 of of enchilada sauce recipe. see step 1 for recipe..
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 packages of egg roll wrappers.
- It’s of frying oil.
- Prepare of olive oil.
Southwestern style eggrolls instructions
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on stove..
- Add chopped onion and peppers and saute until soft..
- Add meat and brown. Carefully drain. Add water and taco seasoning and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until water is almost gone..
- Add corn,tomatoes, and beans. Mix well and add enchilada sauce..
- Cook until heated through and slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and add cilantro. Let cool slightly..
- Heat frying pan on medium – medium high and add frying oil..
- Lay an eggroll wrapper on a flat surface and add 2-3 spoonfuls of meat mixture diagonally in the center. Fold burrito style. You can seal the seams with water so they hold better..
- Repeat until all the wrappers and/or meat mixture is gone..
- Fry the eggrolls in the hot oil, flipping once to brown both sides. Lay on paper towels to drain excess grease when done..
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or whatever else you like..