Nigeria Beef Suya.
You can cook Nigeria Beef Suya using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nigeria Beef Suya
- It’s 500 g (1 lb) of Beef.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of Suya Spice halved.
- It’s 1 (5 g) of Stock cube.
- It’s of Salt 2 tablespoon Oil.
- You need of To Serve 1 tablespoon Suya Spice.
- It’s 1 of medium Onion – Red or Brown Sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Tomatoes Cut.
- You need 1 of Cucumber Sliced.
Nigeria Beef Suya instructions
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin strips. Add stock cube, half of the suya spice, and salt to the beef strips. Mix well, cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Bring out the marinated beef and thread on pre-soaked skewers. Apply the remaining half of suya spice all over then brush with oil..
- Arrange the skewered beef on an oven rack then grill in the oven at a temperature of 175C (fan) for 15 minutes. Turn the beef to the other side and grill for another 10 minutes. Bring out of the oven, remove Suya from skewers, sprinkle with more suya spice, and serve with sliced onions, tomatoes,and cucumbers. You can also add cabbage. Enjoy delicious, nutty, tasty, smokey Nigerian suya..
- Notes* Slice the beef in thin strips against the grain. Be generous with the Suya spice. Soak the skewers in cold water for 2-6 hours to prevent it or minimize burning in the oven. If not using homemade suya spice, make sure you use a good brand as this will determine the taste. Leave the beef to marinate for atleast 30 minutes so as to infuse the flavors. This recipe makes use of peanuts and not suitable for people with nut allergies.