Nigeria Party Jollof.
You can have Nigeria Party Jollof using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nigeria Party Jollof
- It’s 20 of ripe tomatoes.
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare of Fresh atarodo peppers.
- You need 4 cups of rice.
- It’s of Other red peppers for pop of colour.
- You need 1 of small medium size can tomatoes.
- You need of Dried and fried shallots.
- You need of Dried and fresh onions.
- You need of Fresh ginger and garlic blended with the liquid sieved.
- It’s of Thyme.
- Prepare of Curry.
- It’s of Bay leaves (few).
- It’s of Knorr seasoning.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 100 grams of magarine.
Nigeria Party Jollof instructions
- Wash the fresh tomatoes and pepper mix with fresh onions and blend to a smooth paste. Parboil until the tomatoes get to a thick paste consistency but not burnt..
- Boil the meats using thyme, bay leaves, curry, seasoning cubes, parts of the fried and dried shallots, dried and fresh onions to parboil it. Taste for salt and adjust to taste..
- When the chicken is done drop from heat.separate the chicken from the stock. Sieve the stock and set aside..
- Wash the raw rice with hot water, sieve and set aside. Place pot on heat and add vegetable oil. Drop some fresh onions inside the oil when it's hot enough. Fry the meat in batches and set aside..
- Place a pot on heat, add 3cooking spoon of vegetable oil from the oil use in frying the meats, allow to get hot. Sauté onion for some seconds. Open the can tomatoes paste and fry in the hot oil, turning constantly to avoid burning..
- Add the parboiled fresh tomatoes and pepper mix. Add your chicken stock and add water enough to cook the rice. Add curry, bay leaves, blended ginger and garlic juice, thyme, seasoning cubes, dried onions, dried and fried shallots and other available spices to the Pepper mix…
- Please season the tomatoes pepper mix very well, to have tasty Jollof rice.. Taste for accuracy and more seasoning Cover to boil, when it's starts boiling, add your washed rice to it.
- Stir with a wooden spatula and cover to cook. Check after some minutes, add the magarine on top of the rice on heat. You can also add the magarine before frying the pepper. Turn the rice with the wooden spatula to allow penetration of the tomato mix into every parts of the rice..
- Even if it's burning a little, don't fret. That smoky flavour is why it's called party Jollof rice.. Garnish the top of the Jollof rice with fresh sliced onions..
- If not properly cooked to your liking, cover with foil paper to entrap heat for some minutes and get it cooked fully. Drop from heat….