Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Casserole with dumplings recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Casserole with dumplings recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Casserole with dumplings recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already are aware that the body calls for the heart to be healthy. Here’s a thought: How can the rest of your body continue to be healthy if your heart is in bad shape? You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you need to lead a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Did you already know, however, that there are several foods that can help your heart be healthier? Today, you will discover which foods are good for your heart.
Know that fish is one of the heartiest meats you can consume. You’re probably already aware of this because your doctor has told you to ingest some fish twice or thrice a week. This is especially true for people with heart problems or are concerned that their hearts are not in good shape. Fish is loaded with Omega 3s which are what helps break down and turn unhealthy cholesterol into good energy. Try to consume fish in two meals during each week.
There are many foods that you can add to your diet that will be great for your body. Without a doubt, the foods discussed in this article can help your body in many ways. They are particularly wonderful, though, for helping you keep your heart healthy. Try incorporating these foods in your diet regularly. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to casserole with dumplings recipe. To cook casserole with dumplings you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Casserole with dumplings:
- Take of diced stewing beef.
- Provide of onion sliced.
- Provide of garlic – chopped or minced.
- Get of red chilli – chopped.
- You need of Chopped fresh vegetables- I used 2 carrots, 1 courgette, 1 leek, about 50g mushrooms and a handful of small tomatoes (these were vegetables I had to hand).
- Prepare of mixed dried herbs.
- Prepare of stock (I used half and half red wine and vegetable stock cube in water).
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to taste.
- Get of Dumplings.
- Use of Self- raising flour.
- Provide of vegetarian suet.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of cold water.
Instructions to make Casserole with dumplings:
- Hear olive oil in a frying pan and brown the meat for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped onion, minced garlic,chilli and mixed herbs and cook for a further 2-3 minutes..
- Remove from heat and add to a casserole dish or deep oven-safe pan. Add vegetables and stock. Stir and cover. Place in oven at 150 degrees centigrade and cook for at least 3 hours..
- Make dumplings – combine self-raising flour, suet, pinch of salt, and enough cold water to make a dough (about 5 tablespoons). Divide into 8 and shape into balls..
- After 3 hours remove casserole from the oven, add the dumplings, replace lid and cook for a further 30 minutes. Remove lid and cook for s further 10 minutes (this crisps the outside of the dumplings)..
- Serve as is, or with chopped parsley garnish and green beans..
If you find this Casserole with dumplings recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.