Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Some Foods That Benefit Your Heart.
You already know how essential it is to have a fit and healthy heart. After all, if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that getting regular exercise and sticking to a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. Did you know, however, that a number of specific foods are terrific for improving the health of your heart? Today, you will learn which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Be aware that blueberries are good for your heart. You’ll be happy to know that blueberries are high in antioxidants, in particular pterostilbene. Pterostilbene performs so much like the resveratrol that is found in grapes. This particular antioxidant helps the body be better at breaking down fats and choelsterol. When your body is good at breaking down these things, they aren’t going to accumulate in your body and or cause issues for your heart. That means that it helps keep your heart healthy.
There are many foods that you can eat that will be good for your body. The truth is that everything that we’ve mentioned here can help your body in a variety of ways. They are particularly good, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Introduce these foods into your diet every day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken casserole recipe. To cook chicken casserole you only need 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Casserole:
- Take 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Provide of Salt.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 8 of chicken pieces (thighs and/or drumsticks: skin on or off as preferred).
- You need 100 g of unsalted butter.
- Take 2 of banana shallots, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 of red chilli, thinly sliced (I leave the seeds in but deseed if preferred).
- Get 1 of red pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- Get 1 of green pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 150 g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- Take 2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- Prepare 250 ml of chicken stock (I use Knorr stockpot if no homemade stock available).
- Prepare 150 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of sumac.
Instructions to make Chicken Casserole:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C), Circotherm 160C..
- Mix the flour and seasoning and use it to coat the chicken pieces..
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof casserole and quickly brown on all sides. Set aside until Step 6..
- If necessary, use a very little of the wine to deglaze the casserole, then fry the onion and shallots for 2 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the chilli, peppers, garlic and mushrooms and stir gently but thoroughly. Fry for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the paprika and any leftover seasoned flour and add the stock..
- Stir in the tomato purée and return the chicken pieces to the casserole. Pour in the wine and add the herbs/spices. Stir gently but thoroughly..
- Bring to the boil, cover and place in the pre-heated oven..
- Cook for 75-90 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Check two or three times to ensure that the casserole doesn’t run dry. If necessary, add a little more stock..
- Serve piping hot onto warmed plates with your choice of accompaniments. Today we had boiled potatoes, carrots and French beans but we often have rice instead of potatoes and cabbage or Brussels sprouts as the “green” component. Anything you fancy is right!.
If you find this Chicken Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.