Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Help Your Heart.
You already realize that the body needs a heart that is strong and healthy. Obviously, if your heart isn’t healthy then the rest of you isn’t going to be healthy also. You already know that exercising regularly and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor heavily into the overall health of your heart. Did you know, though, that several specific foods are good for improving the health of your heart? In this article, you will find out which foods are beneficial for your heart.
Can you recall being told “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Apples have many minerals and elements that can help your heart remain healthy. They’re high in soluble fiber which works as a scrubber on your artery walls, keeping the cholesterol from amassing and causing blockages. Consuming just one Red Delicious apple daily can make your LDL levels drop by as much as eight percent. This is a fantastic number for a person who wishes his or her heart to be healthier.
There are dozens (if not more) of foods out there that that are terrific for your body. The truth is that all the foods that we’ve talked about here can help your body in lots of different ways. They are essentially terrific, though, for keeping your heart as healthy as it can be. Incorporate these heart-healthy in your diet daily. Your heart will be so much heartier if you do!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken casserole recipe. You can cook chicken casserole using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Casserole:
- Provide of plain flour.
- Provide of Salt.
- Prepare of Ground black pepper.
- Take of chicken pieces (thighs and/or drumsticks: skin on or off as preferred).
- Use of unsalted butter.
- Get of banana shallots, chopped.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- Get of red chilli, thinly sliced (I leave the seeds in but deseed if preferred).
- Use of red pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- Use of green pepper, deseeded and sliced.
- Take of garlic, thinly sliced.
- Get of chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
- You need of paprika.
- Prepare of tomato purée.
- Take of chicken stock (I use Knorr stockpot if no homemade stock available).
- Prepare of dry white wine.
- Get of dried thyme.
- Provide of dried rosemary.
- Get of dried oregano.
- Take of sumac.
Instructions to make Chicken Casserole:
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C), Circotherm 160C..
- Mix the flour and seasoning and use it to coat the chicken pieces..
- Melt the butter in an ovenproof casserole and quickly brown on all sides. Set aside until Step 6..
- If necessary, use a very little of the wine to deglaze the casserole, then fry the onion and shallots for 2 minutes, only stirring to avoid sticking..
- Add the chilli, peppers, garlic and mushrooms and stir gently but thoroughly. Fry for a further 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the paprika and any leftover seasoned flour and add the stock..
- Stir in the tomato purée and return the chicken pieces to the casserole. Pour in the wine and add the herbs/spices. Stir gently but thoroughly..
- Bring to the boil, cover and place in the pre-heated oven..
- Cook for 75-90 minutes or until the chicken is tender. Check two or three times to ensure that the casserole doesn’t run dry. If necessary, add a little more stock..
- Serve piping hot onto warmed plates with your choice of accompaniments. Today we had boiled potatoes, carrots and French beans but we often have rice instead of potatoes and cabbage or Brussels sprouts as the “green” component. Anything you fancy is right!.
If you find this Chicken Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.