Banana and chocolate filled double colored braided bread. Bananas; Chocolate chips; Cocoa powder and some butter for coloring the dough; How To. Put all your ingredients in a bowl and form a smooth dough. Add a little milk at a time till a dough comes together.
Hello everyone, today's recipe is a braided bread with dark chocolate and banana filling. These bread/ buns are soft and sweet with a unique look. In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. You can have Banana and chocolate filled double colored braided bread using 21 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana and chocolate filled double colored braided bread
- You need for of quick water roux-.
- It’s 2 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Hot water.
- It’s for of yeast mixture -.
- It’s 1 tsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Warm water.
- It’s for of dough-.
- You need 2 cups of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Soft butter.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of Warm milk or more according to requirement.
- You need for of chocolate dough -.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Soft butter.
- You need for of stuffing -.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chocolate chips/flakes.
- Prepare 2 of Bananas ripe (cut in the middle and split up).
- You need 1 of Egg yolk for egg wash.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Oil.
In a large bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter and granulated sugar. We wanted a dead simple recipe for banana bread that packed a big banana-chocolate punch and wasn't really "bready" at all. We were after a chocolaty slice that was tender, moist, buttery, just the right amount of sweet, and (most important. Add the oil, sugar, egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
Banana and chocolate filled double colored braided bread instructions
- Soak yeast, sugar in a small bowl with warm water for 8-10 mins or till frothy..
- Prepare roux by mixing 2 tbsp All purpose flour with 4 tbsp hot water. Stir till smooth..
- Take a mixing bowl and add All purpose flour, yeast mixture, salt, milk, water roux. Mix well..
- Add a beaten egg and mix. Add butter and knead to a smooth dough..
- Divide the dough into two equal parts. Add cocoa powder and butter in one part and knead well until smooth..
- Cover and keep in a warm place till they rise to double in size. Approximately 1-2hours..
- Put both the doughs in a greased container. Oil both..
- Uncover and knead again few secs. Divide each dough into 4 pieces equally..
- Flattern and roll one plain and one chocolate dough..
- Stack overlapping each other lengthwise and roll out..
- Fill with chocolate chips/flakes and slice of banana..
- Fold the top end of the dough and cut little dough at the corner for easy folding..
- Cut on the left and right dough like so.Start braiding..
- Cut the excess dough and press the edge. Likewise repeat for rest of the dough..
- Put on a tray and keep covered for 30 mins to 1 hour..
- Egg wash.Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 C..
- Brush little butter over it once it come out from the oven..
- Soft delicious braided bread is ready to be served..
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. This double chocolate banana bread is super moist, yet hearty and stable to hold its shape when sliced. Loaded with chocolate chips for the chocolate lover's dream! Double Chocolate Banana Bread is my favorite type of banana bread because it's a delicious sweet breakfast or a chocolaty dessert. Alternating both sides, fold the strips of pastry over the bananas, mimicking a braid pattern.