Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Are Good For Your Heart.
You already are aware of how important it is to have a heart that is healthy. Consider this: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of your body won’t be healthy. You already know that if you want your heart to be healthy, you must stick to a good and healthy lifestyle and get regular exercise. Did you already know, though, that there are a number of foods that can help your heart be healthy? If you are interested to know which foods to eat to improve your heart health, continue reading.
Fish is more or less the healthiest food you can eat. You already know this as, by now, you’ve likely been told to eat fish at least twice a week. This is especially true for people who suffer from heart problems or who are worried that their hearts aren’t healthy. Fish is loaded with Omega 3’s which are what lets your body break down unhealthy cholesterol. Try eating fish a couple of times during each week.
There are many foods that you can eat that are good for your body. It’s true that everything brought up in this article can help your body in many ways. They are essentially beneficial for the heart, though. Try introducing these heart-healthy foods into your diet on a regular basis. Your heart will be grateful for it!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy pig’s cheeks & assorted alliums casserole recipe. You can cook creamy pig’s cheeks & assorted alliums casserole using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole:
- Take 3 tbsp of plain flour.
- Take of Salt (sea salt preferred).
- Take of Ground black pepper.
- You need 12 of pig’s cheeks.
- Get 50 ml of rapeseed oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- Take 35 g of butter (I use unsalted).
- Take 1 of red onion, sliced into half-moons.
- Get 2 of banana shallots, sliced.
- Take 2 of leeks, sliced.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, sliced.
- You need 25 ml of runny honey.
- Provide 2 of bay leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 250 ml of dry white wine.
- Prepare 250 ml of chicken stock.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 1 of heaped tbsp mustard (Dijon or wholegrain, as preferred).
- Take 150 ml of double cream.
Steps to make Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole:
- Season the flour and roll the pig’s cheeks in it to cover lightly..
- Bring 30 ml of the oil up to a medium heat in your casserole dish and brown the pig’s cheeks. Set aside and use a very little of the wine to deglaze your casserole if necessary..
- Gently fry the red onion in the butter and remaining oil for 2 minutes, then add the shallots, leeks and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring gently, for a further 10-15 minutes or until softened..
- Add the honey, bay leaves, thyme and smoked paprika, stir gently but thoroughly..
- Once the vegetables become sticky, add back the pig’s cheeks and stir in the wine and stock. Add a pinch more salt and the cayenne pepper. Stir well and bring to the boil..
- Cover and simmer over a low heat until everything is tender, about 2 1/2 – 2 3/4 hours. Stir very occasionally. You shouldn’t need to add liquid but, if it looks like getting dry, add a little more stock or wine: not too much though..
- Remove the pig’s cheeks and keep warm. Bring the sauce back to the boil, gradually stir in the cream and mustard and cook for a further 5 or so minutes until it’s a nice golden mixture. Replace the pig’s cheeks and, stirring gently but frequently, quickly warm through..
- Serve piping hot onto warmed plates with the accompaniments of your choice. Today we had boiled potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrots. We find that, with everything else, two pig’s cheeks is a decent portion but do have three each if really hungry! Sometimes we have a little reheated sauce with bread for lunch the following day..
If you find this Creamy Pig’s Cheeks & Assorted Alliums Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.