Sweet Cornbread. Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in small bowl and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
In a small bowl, whisk egg, sour cream, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the oil, melted butter, honey, eggs, and milk. You can cook Sweet Cornbread using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Cornbread
- You need 1 1/4 cup of fine yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter (melted and if desired, browned).
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 2 of small eggs.
- You need 1 cup of semi-skimmed milk.
- Prepare 1/4-1/3 cup of tinned sweetcorn (pan fried in a teaspoon of butter for extra caramelisation desired).
- You need of Butter.
- It’s of Maple syrup/honey.
Whisk together the milk, honey and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour in the milk mixture and stir until combined. Then stir in the melted butter.
Sweet Cornbread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C..
- Grease or line a 9-inch cake pan..
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and sugar..
- Add the melted butter, milk and the eggs..
- Stir until almost combined then add the sweetcorn and mix until combined. Do not mix – there may be a couple of lumps!.
- Pour into the greased cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. The cornbread should have a lovely golden crust..
- Serve warm with salted butter and maple syrup..
The sweet cornbread is simply the best. It's better than Jiffy, and all those other store bought cornbread mixes out there. It always comes out so buttery and moist, it's just the perfect cornbread. The only probably with my previous cornbread recipe was the amount that it made, and one of the ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.