Simple Kenyan Cayenne Bhajia.
You can cook Simple Kenyan Cayenne Bhajia using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Kenyan Cayenne Bhajia
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of Gram Flour.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of Cayenne Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Bunch of Dhania/Parsley.
- It’s of Frying Oil.
- Prepare of Some Water.
Simple Kenyan Cayenne Bhajia step by step
- Setup all your ingredients near your working space..
- Peel the potatoes and wash them. On a board slice the potatoes into thin round slices about 1 cm thick in size.
- In a separate bowl, add in the gram flour..
- Inside the bowl, add in the cayenne powder, garlic powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and mix together..
- Add water a little bit at a time as you stir until the paste is thick and not watery..
- Add in the salt and dhania/parsley and stir the mixture to form a thick paste.
- In a frying pan, add oil and heat up the oil ensuring the oil does not become too hot. As the oil heats up, add a batch of the potatoes into the paste and coat the potatoes. NOTE: DO NOT ADD EVERYTHING AT ONCE AS IT DESTROYS THE THICKNESS OF THE PASTE..
- Once the potatoes are coated with the paste, dip them into the oil and fry them until golden yellow as you turn on each side ensuring they are crunchy..
- Once cooked, remove the potatoes from the heat, drain the oil and serve the bhajia with your favourite sauce..
- To watch how to make it, click on the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpt-UpndY0w.