Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Cherry Pies (or Apple, Peach, Rhubarb) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cherry Pies (or Apple, Peach, Rhubarb) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cherry Pies (or Apple, Peach, Rhubarb) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Quite A Lot Of You May Not Recognize This But Coconut Oil Can Have Great Health Advantages To It.
Coconut oil will be something which can actually help individuals live a longer and healthier life and something you should begin to use today. Unlike other products you are able to purchase currently available this product is going to have a wide variety of health advantages for your body. You should also be aware that coconut oil is not just something you can use inside your body to be healthy but also something you can use externally. Coconut oil is far more useful than other oils you can purchase and in the following paragraphs we are going to be telling you why.
One more thing you’re going to find coconut oil is very useful for is to be used on your hair and skin, and this is clearly something you would never do with other cooking oils. You’re going to find that this will actually help anybody who may possess some type of a skin rash as the ingredients in coconut oil provides a healing effect. The primary reason this can help with rashes is as a result of the antioxidants that are in this oil, but you’re also going to discover that this can be used every day to provide you with younger looking skin.
Yet another benefit of coconut oil, although this has not yet been entirely proven is that it could have healing affects for instance antiviral and anti bacterial. For those who have other oils in your house I would suggest removing them and replacing them with coconut oil as a result of the many benefits that can be connected with it. There are different vitamin businesses right now contemplating the thought of advertising coconut oil as a supplement, but you can start receiving the advantages from this oil today.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry pies (or apple, peach, rhubarb) recipe. To make cherry pies (or apple, peach, rhubarb) you only need 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cherry Pies (or Apple, Peach, Rhubarb):
- Prepare 3 cups of fresh pitted Cherries, Peaches, Apples or Rhubarb.
- Prepare 1 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of cornflour.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Use 1.5 Tsp of vanilla.
- Take of Pie Making.
- Take 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed in the refrigerator.
- Use 1 of egg wash (1 large egg beaten with 2 teaspoons milk).
- Use of Coarse Sugar for topping.
Instructions to make Cherry Pies (or Apple, Peach, Rhubarb):
- Place fruit, sugar and lemon juice into a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved..
- Mix cornflour in a small bowl with enough water to form a smooth paste then add to the fruit in the saucepan with the Cinnamon and salt and mix well..
- Continue to stir the mixture until it comes to a boil and becomes slightly thickened. It should become glossy, at which point add Vanilla, mix well and remove from the heat and allow to cool at room temperature..
- Pie Making (makes 6).
- Line a large flat baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. On a lightly floured surface, lay one pastry sheet on top of the other (leave liner between the sheets). Using a sharp knife, and a ruler, cut the sheets into 6 squares. 6 of these squares will be the bottom pastry pie crust, 6 will be the top. Transfer 6 bottom rectangles to the prepared baking tray..
- Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of the bottom rectangles with the egg wash. Spoon 2-3 Tablespoons of cooled fruit mixture onto each of the 6 bottom squares. Place the top squares over the cherry filling, lining up the edges as best you can. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal shut. Slice 2-3 slits in the tops for air vents (use a super sharp knife to do this)..
- Brush the tops of the pastry pies with egg wash, then sprinkle with coarse sugar. Chill the pies in the refrigerator for at least 25 minutes..
- Remaining filling can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen into portions..
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees during chill time..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Rotate baking tray once or twice during baking time..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool until ready to serve. Seal the remaining pies (if there are any left) in a container and refrigerate for up to 5 days..
If you find this Cherry Pies (or Apple, Peach, Rhubarb) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.