You can cook Shepards Pie using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepards Pie
- Prepare 3 cup of mash potatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 2 of carrots diced small.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground meat.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- You need pinch of paprika.
Shepards Pie step by step
- You can make your own mash potatoes or instant are fine, I use whatever I have time for..
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Place canola oil in 12 inch saute pan set over medium high heat. Add onion and carrots and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and stir..
- Add the meat, salt and pepper and cook until browned about 3 minutes. Then drain the meat if needed..
- Sprinkle the meat with flour toss to coat and cook another minute. Then add the tomato paste, chicken broth, Worcestershire, thyme, and stir..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until sauce is thickened..
- Add corn and peas to meat mixture and spread evenly into a 11 by 7 baking dish. Top with mash potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent bubbling over. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Place on cookie sheet in middle of oven for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool for 15 minutes before serving.