Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche.
You can cook Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche
- You need 1 sheet of ready rolled shortcrust pastry.
- Prepare 1 of red onion finely chopped.
- It’s 2-3 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 400 g of mixed mushrooms.
- You need 1 handful of spinach (optional).
- It’s of Unsalted butter (or oil) for frying.
- You need 100 ml of single cream.
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 150 ml of cottage cheese.
- You need of Seasoning.
- Prepare Handful of finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Mushroom and cottage cheese quiche step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a quiche tin / dish with pastry. Allow a little overhang for shrinkage and piece the base a few times with a fork. Cover with baking paper, add baking beads and blind bake for 15 mins.
- While the pastry is baking, prepare the filling. Add the finely chopped red onion to a frying pan with a knob of butter over a medium – low heat and fry until soft (10ish mins). Then add the garlic and thyme and fry for another 2 mins. Check your pastry and remove from the oven when starting to turn golden..
- Next add the mushrooms to the pan and fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the moisture is gone. If you’re using spinach, cover it in boiling water, squeeze out the moisture with your hands and add to the mushrooms (i only added spinach to use it up). Once cooked, season and set aside to cool..
- Then add the cream, cottage cheese and eggs to a jug. Whisk and season..
- Now it’s time to build your quiche. Add the mushroom mix to the pastry case. Then pour over the egg mix. Finally top with a handful of finely grated Parmesan cheese and then bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 25 – 30 mins.