Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect The Famous Nutmeg Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Famous Nutmeg Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Heart Friendly Foods You Should Eat.
You already realize that the body requires a heart that is strong and healthy. Here’s something for you to think about: if your heart is unhealthy then the rest of you won’t be healthy either. You already know that getting regular exercise and adopting a healthy lifestyle both factor to a great extent into the overall health of your heart. But did you know that there are several foods that have been found to help you improve your heart health? If you would like to know which foods you should be eating to improve your heart health, go on reading.
Can you remember being told by your mom or dad “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”? Know that apples are loaded with things that will promote a healthy heart. Apples are known to be high in soluble fiber which scrubs your artery walls so that cholesterol and fat can’t take hold or cause blockages. A single Red Delicious apple every day can make your LDL levels go down by as much as 8 percent! That’s a terrific number for someone who desires a healthier heart.
There are lots of foods out there that that are good for your body. Without a doubt, the foods mentioned in this article can help your body in many ways. These foods are particularly good for the heart, however. Try to start incorporating these heart-healthy in your diet each day. Your heart will thank you for it!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to the famous nutmeg casserole recipe. To cook the famous nutmeg casserole you need 35 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare The Famous Nutmeg Casserole:
- Use of Meat layer.
- You need 2 pounds of ground sirloin.
- Take 1/3 cup of dates.
- Take 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Take 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 2/3 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- Take 2 of large eggs.
- Take 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Provide 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Rice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of long grain rice.
- Provide 7 ounces of vermicelli pasta.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Get 1 pint of cabbage water see method below.
- Take 1 pint of chicken broth.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of water.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use of Cabbage.
- Provide 1 of medium sized head of savory cabbage.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 quart of water.
- Take of Tomato layer.
- Take 2/3 quart of your favorite spaghetti sauce.
- You need As needed of water to get the goodie out of jar.
- Provide 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan divided.
- Take of Topping.
- Take 2/3 cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Get 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Use of Bottom.
- You need 2 cups of panko breadcrumbs.
Steps to make The Famous Nutmeg Casserole:
- Chop the cabbage add to a pot and salt it. Add the quart of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and turn down to a simmer. Cook till tender. Drain the liquids and set aside..
- Get the vermicelli and look it over make sure none are stuck together. Melt the butter and coat the vermicelli. Start the browning process stirring often. Don't let it burn..
- When almost browned add salt stir well remove from heat. Slice the celery leaves and all..
- Melt the butter for the rice. Add the rice when totally coated add the spices..
- Stir often to get the rice just a good brown. Mix the broth and cabbage water..
- Add the celery and broth. Bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes then add the browned vermicelli..
- Cook till liquids are absorbed. Add the 1-1/2 cups of water. Stir getting all the goodies off the bottom. Slice the dates remove any pits..
- Measure the raisins and dates. Season the beef. Mix it well..
- Dice the onions. Add the eggs. Add the cheese and breadcrumbs. Mix thoroughly incorporate well..
- Add the breadcrumbs coating the bottom of a deep pan. I used a 10-1/2 inch pan that is oven safe. Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Press half the meat mixture on top of the breadcrumbs. Add the rice over the meat mixture. The cover the rice with cabbage..
- Get the spaghetti sauce pour half over the cabbage. Add water to the jar to get all the goodies out of the jar. Add half the cheese then cover with meat mixture, cabbage and rice..
- Add the spaghetti sauce over the rice. Then the rest of the cheese. Melt the butter..
- Add the breadcrumbs to the melted butter and mix. Add the buttered breadcrumbs to the top of the cheese. Put into the oven..
- Let it bake for an hour. Check the internal temperature. Cover put back in oven for 30 minutes. Check the temperature at 30 minutes more total of 90 minutes 160° Fahrenheit. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
If you find this The Famous Nutmeg Casserole recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.